The Lotus of the Mist (Shikamaru Love Story)

I look up at the village archway and sigh

“This is really different from the Mist village.”

I grab a black ribbon from my pocket and wrap it around my hair. I look down at a puddle and peer at my reflection, inspecting my handiwork. I nod in approval and walk purposefully into the village. Immediately, I’m stopped by two men in their 20’s.

Must be jounin.

They stop me and ask for verification. I knew they were trying to be polite, but ninja aren’t really welcoming to other ninjas from different villages. I dig into my backpack and find a scrap of parchment tied together and handed it to the guy with a toothpick in his mouth.

“Looks to be legit. You may go.”

I bow politely and head inside the village.

So this is the leaf. Huh.

As I was strolling through the streets a boy dressed in orange raced passed me followed by many angry adults. I hear them muttering about how could he have ever become a ninja with an attitude like that.

There’s always those adults that think that in every village aren’t there?

I sigh and walk up toward one of them and look up at them with my best innocent face

“Um…mister could you help direct me to the Hokage’s office?”

He looked at me and blushed

I smirk in approval

Sucker.

“Of course I will.”

I followed him into a grand building. He stopped in front of a door.

“This is where I’ll be leaving you, ok?”

I thank him and enter the door cautiously. I look at the person behind the desk and see an elderly man with a bright smile on his face.

“I suppose you’re the new ninja from the Mist.”

I bow respectfully

“Yes. My name is Sayomi Kimura.”

“Now about this family situation…”