Scarlett was putting on her shoes and Chris watched her from her kitchen. She looked beautiful in his eyes. She has always looked so beautiful. She has this look in her eyes that makes him want to fall to his knees. Of course, this wasn't the first time he has noticed this.

The real reason he started making movies that she was doing was so he could see her. He was slowly falling in love with her which scared him for years. The moment when he took her out that night all the years ago he realized he was falling over the edge. Watching her loosen up and dance and be carefree was so entrancing. 

But he couldn't be with her. She didn't care about him like that. She hasn't even spoken to him about anything but Nicole. He loved Nicole and everything but he was just so out of place that it was messing him up. 

"Why are you staring at her?" A voice said startling Chris. Chris turned around to see Nicole staring confused at him. Chris could feel the heat radiating off of his cheeks. He was sure that his face was as red as a stop sign. 

"Oh umm. Well I- I don't know." He said trying to find his words. However, nothing seemed to be coming out the way he wanted it too.  Nicole didn't say anything to him she just stared at him. She was still very hurt by his words and didn't find a need to speak with him. She sighed and grabbed her phone that was charging on the counter. 

She was walking away from Chris. He was silently cursing at himself. It was so wrong between Nicole and him. But what could he do? He didn't know how to be a proper father. 

"Hey, are you ready to go? It's a ten-minute drive- hey are you okay?" Scarlett asked looking at the saddened look on Chris's face. 

"Huh? Oh yeah, I am fine." He said faking a smile. Scarlett saw he was upset, but she also took note that he didn't want to speak about it. So she just nodded and mentally noted to bring it up later. 

"Okay, well are you ready? We have to leave the girls are in the car." She said with her charming smile on her face. 

" Oh yeah. I am so ready to be yelled at." He said sarcastically. Scarlett let out a soft chuckle and walked towards the door. Steve let out a small sigh and followed Scarlett over to the door. Time for the time of his life. -note the sarcasm- 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Chris and Scarlett were seated at the table at the restaurant with Nicole sitting beside Scarlett and Ava beside her. No one else had gotten there yet but the tension was already in the air. Scarlett and Chris were sending each other concerned looks that didn't go unseen by Nicole. 

It was just about it a lot worse. 

In the corner of her eye, Scarlett could see her parents, sister and brothers walk into the room.  They had managed to rent out a small room at the restaurant due to the number of people they had coming. And it wasn't like they couldn't afford it. 

"Ah, my baby girl!" Melanie smiled at her daughter. Scarlett stood up to greet her mother. She hugged her and saw her sister looking at Nicole. She sent her a look and Vanessa almost gasped. Scarlett violently shook her head. "Are you okay?" Her mother asked. 

"Oh yes of course I have!" Smiled Scarlett. "Hello, Dad how are you?" Scarlett asked giving her father a big hug. 

"Oh, I am so okay." He said smiling at his daughter. "Christopher, how are you?" Karsten asked shaking Chris's hand. 

"I am good sir. How was your drive?" Chris asked politely. Chris and Karsten have always gotten along fairly well. Chris was enjoying what was last of it before the entire thing went south.