Chapter 14 - So many questions, such a few answers.

So many questions, such a few answers.

Chapter 14

The slice in my arm still hurts, and it's burning. I just woke up from a little nap, and by now, it is 6pm. Usually it would be time for dinner, but to be honest, I am not hungry.

Finn left, and I notice the blooded shirt from Harry on the ground. Hmm. Harry has been here and he actually allows me to sleep on his bed? Odd.

I yawn, and I swing my legs over the bed. I get up, and stretch my stiff arms.

I look around, and I notice the photobook is still spread on the floor. All the photos are in the same place too. Except for the photo where he is kissing Delilah. There is blood on it, and probably he put it himself back on his draw, like a trophy.

How does he know her? How were they in a relationship from which I didn't know it excisted? Does he knows she's dead? Or actually, alive again?

What has he to do with this? And why did he stabbed me?

So many questions, such a few answers.

This is not fair. I tried to fix it, I have tried to figure it out. And this is what I get in return? This is unfair.

But I guess that's life, unfair.

"Hey."

I turn around, and I notice Connor on the doorstep, with wild hair.

"Hay. How are you?" I ask, and he shrugs before sitting on the bed.

I sit back on the bed too, and I ask;

"What's wrong?" There is something about him. Something in his eyes, that I can't place.

Fear.

Anger.

More fear.

There is something about his mood, something he clearly has been trying to hide.

But I can look through that.

He just needs to tell me, trust me.

Easy to say, hard to be done.

"I.. I.. I let out something about my story. And I want to tell you." He says, while hesitating, and playing with his fingers. Just like that time when he was about to tell something horrible. Would it be this time as horrible?

"Tell me. You can trust me, I promise."

He takes a deep breath, and he starts.

"My father raped me."

My brain falls apart, together with every inch of sense of my body.

My jaw drops, and I gasp.

WHAT.

Why is this so fucked up?

Why is his dad so fucked up?

Why is this world so fucked up?

What on earth has Connor done to deserve something like this.

Oh My God.

Connor's hands are shaking, together with his bottom lip, and in no time, the tears are running down his face.

I wrap my arms around his shoulders, and he lays his head in my neck, while crying his heart out.

I rub his back, and my thoughts are on turbo mode.

I feel anger rising inside me, against the bad powers.

The bad powers in this world. Just like bullies. The bad powers are only bad because they try to turn down the good ones.