Entry three

I almost forgot about this journal. It's been a week since my entry into the Blackstone legion. I'll begin with the training. There was a lot of it. I thought I knew all there was about the Way of the Warden, but I was wrong. Apollyon knew things that my old mentors wouldn't dream of. How to taunt your enemy to attack you before cutting them down, where to aim to incapacitate an adversary the quickest, and how to command a siege. 

A large portion of the soldiers in this fortress are like me, unwilling participants in a hidden legion, yet we cannot leave this place alive. Apollyon runs the fortress with an iron fist. Rebellious thoughts were put down last night, when three men were executed for petty theft.

 A large ram has been under construction for a year now, for an unknown reason, potentially to siege the home of the Iron Legion.  Many trees have fallen for the monster, and it isn't even half completed. Our men are barely equipped as it is, and they're building a siege weapon? Either Apollyon is crazy, or she is smarter than I first thought. 

I share a room with fifteen other soldiers, one of which has been plotting an escape. A Black Prior, Aquillia, she calls herself. Poor fool. I don't think she'll make it past the third gate before being cut down. She plans to leave next week during training. May god save her. I can't escape. Not yet. I need to discover what I can, grab a force who oppose the crazed witch, and lead a rebellion. God save us all.