Short Epilogue

A few months later

"Thank you. Have a nice day," I said, as I handed a customer his change. I looked down to click the drawer shut as the next customer's voice caught my attention.

"Abby?" I looked up to find Mark next in line. He stood a little shocked to see me here.

"Hi," I said.

"What are you doing here?"

I almost chuckled a little.  "This is where I work."

He paused, shaking his head as if to clear it. "Oh. Huh, I guess this is the place." He said, looking at the logo on my shirt. He had never once come to see me before and he had never dropped me off so I didn't expect him to know that this was the place.

I cleared my throat.  "What are you doing on this side of town?" His office was all the other way on the other side of town.

"Oh, uh, a new client is down in this area. I'm heading to a meeting there."

"Oh, okay," I said. "Well, what can I get you?"

"How's the coffee here? Strong?" he asked, looking over the menu.

"I'd say it's probably more of a medium roast. Not too strong, but not too weak."

"Perfect. I'll just take a large coffee with two sugars and some regular cream." I nodded and made quick work of his order. He handed me the money and I gave him his change, our hands brushing. I was quick to pull away. Mark looked slightly awkward. He cleared his throat and gave me a small, awkward smile.

"It was good to see you Abby. I hope everything is going good for you," he said, sincerely.

"You too. See you around," I said and watched him walk toward the door.

"Who was that, babe?" Brendan's voice caught my attention as he stepped up next to the counter.

"That was Mark," I said, gauging his reaction.

"Him?" he paused, watching Mark go out the front door. I hesitated, wondering if he would follow-up with his 'I'm going to kick his ass if I ever see him' threats. He surprised me by bursting out laughing. "You used to be married to that suit? Well. I'm glad to see you upgraded," he said, flashing me a cheeky grin, while he ran a hand down his own tie.

     I shook my head at him and started making his usual order.

That's it!  THE END!  THANK YOU all so much for following along on Abby and Brendan's journey.  I'm so grateful to have had the experience of writing this and you all being alongside me.  Thank you for the reads, votes, comments, and feedback.  I'm so grateful for it all.

 Always remember YOU ARE ALWAYS WORTH IT.  

xoxo,

Kay