Chapter 14: Funerals and Reunions

Chris stared at my hand with those beady eyes that looked like the spawns from Satan himself. My thoughts drifted off course as I spotted a familiar body shape pass by the door, before I heard a loud bang. Blood spattered my face and I gave a small startled gasp as Chris leaned forwards, a giant bullet hole through his head. He fell onto me, trapping my weak body in the closet. Footsteps left the room again and for the first time since I was born, I felt a strange feeling well up inside me. It felt like it was breaking my heart and I let out a startled gasp, as the feeling entered my brain. Sadness. With Chris almost cutting off my air supply and his big body blocking the way, the first year caused by valid emotion slipped out. 'At least it's one less problem to deal with. At least...' I tried to wipe the tears out of my eyes, but couldn't even manage that with the arms pinned to my side.
"EDDIE!" I suddenly wailed, struggling and hitting against the body of Chris. 'He's dead. Nobody to create a chase anymore.'
"EDDIE PLEASE I NEED YOU!!" I screamed, believing my own words for the first time, as I kept pounding. There was suddenly a sound of footsteps, none that I could see of course. And suddenly I heard the concerned voice.
"Alice?"
The body was dragged away from me, freeing me from my prison. Instead of Eddie standing there like a hero he was, Magnolia was in front of me, SWAT vest and helmet strapped tightly to her body.
"Oh Alice," she stumbled forwards, dropping her gun and hugging me. I hugged her back without any true emotion. It was a lifeless hug, created by my hollow and dead eyes.

Magnolia's father was in the local FBI. A real smart guy he was. Hell, he helped raise me after my parents passed on. I mainly mean my mom. She got cancer when I was 6. I didn't know what it really was till she died when I was 10. Standing at the grave, i understood that cancer wasn't just another disease. It was a murderer. I have to confess though that I never felt sad. Never felt mad at the fact. I didn't know her well to be honest. I knew she was my mom.. but she never really seemed as such. Ever since then, Magnolia's Dad raised me, along with Magnolia and her little sister of course. As for my father, Hell knows what happened to him. Didn't leave me as much as a picture. I had nothing from the bastard. But I knew my last name was Parker and that was good enough for me.

Luke told me about the hospital like it was a dream, like it was something that was something magical, rather than a place of dead people. I listened from my bean bag, knees pulled to my stomach. When he finished his magnificent tale, he looked at me.
"Why'd you come back? To me?"
"You're my friend. It's what friends do I've been told." I told him bluntly, scratching my arm. He looked at me with a gaze that clearly said he wasn't picking up my bullshit.
"That's complete whack. You came to me because your emotionless head just needs more trouble to get into."
"Ah you caught me, sheriff." I said in a bored tone, tapping my foot.
"Well Alice, one thing I gotta tell ya. People don't really LEAVE that place. EVER." Luke hissed to me.
I rolled my eyes. "As if."