But, tonight was different. Tonight you were determined to uncover him. 

So, as the evenings sky drifted in, the pale moonshine flooding into the windows of your living room, you stayed seated on the couch. 

Your body cocooned in a fleece blanket, a box of Chinese take-out near you; the bamboo chopsticks stuck into the remains of your Lo Mein. 

You were flipping through the channels of your TV, the Detroit news sprawled out across the screen, and in the blue effulgence you cracked a smile, seeing some footage of a crime scene that Connor and Hank had been called out to investigate earlier. 

The News Anchor was talking about the gruesome crime involving Red Ice, but you didn't concern yourself with her words. Instead you focused on the footage from the scene, the sight of Connor making your heartbeat flip even though it was a previously aired recording. 

You slunked down more into the cushions of your couch, and continued to impatiently wait around for your boyfriends arrival; Detroit's skyline prevalent in your line of sight as you stared longingly outside, silently wishing for him to be home soon. 

...........*...........

As the hours of nightfall drew thin, the moon continuing to rise, your exhaustion was beginning to show itself as your head bobbed, and as your eyes began to slink shut on their own. 

But, soon enough before your sleepiness could win out, you heard the door clicking open; the security code having been typed in. 

There in the shadows of the entry was Connor, his Android jacket casting a blueish glow all around him. 

As he himself never tired it was sometimes hard to believe, by human standards anyway, that he had just came from a grueling 12 hour shift at the station. He never looked the part of someone who had the unfortunate job of laboriously solving the incessant crimes that went on in the city of Detroit

He looked the same as always, ever clean and composed. Not a single thread out of place in his uniform, his tie perfectly straight. The only quirk being the little tuft of brunette hair that fell over his forehead. An individual feature that you happened to enjoy. 

With ease the Negotiator made his way over to you, his own face now brightly-lit from the TV screen. 

"You shouldn't stay awake for me."  He spoke, his smooth voice laced with concern. Your well-being his top priority. 

"I know, but I wanted to." You answered, repositioning yourself on the couch in order to swipe the last egg roll. 

"You shouldn't eat that." You heard Connor lecture as he took a seat beside you, and you could plainly see his LED blinking. He was calculating the amount of calories, cholesterol, and saturated fats that were inside of it. All the facts he had at his constant disposal sometimes like rain on your parade. 

"Please, no details,"  You halted, raising your hand up in protest. "If you could eat you would understand why people take risks in order to eat truly delicious food." 

Connor did as you wished, and fell silent. He meant well, but he knew that he didn't have the right to tell you how to live. He merely wanted you to be healthy, and happy. 

So, he just took to settling back into the cozy cushions of the couch while you curled up beside him. Your body snuggling against his as you munched on your last egg roll. 

...........*...........

After a lull of calm where you just watched TV like usual, and he made a report to CyberLife it then came time to go to bed. (Well, for you to go to bed anyway.)