Chapter 1

Hi guys!! This is my first ever attempt at uploading a story onto Wattpad.
I know, it's lame that I did a fanfiction of Pocahontas ^_^ however, I always loved this story when I was a little kid (favourite Disney movie), but the second one really bothered me, so, after many years, I decided to write my own version of the second movie. 
CAUTION!! THIS STORY IS NOT HISTORICALLY ACCURATE!        
It's really just for my own entertainment but I decided to put it up here and see if anymore people are fans. 

HAPPY READING!

This chapter is dedicated to FanFicsWriter because she does really cool fanfics about Disney Princesses, (You should totally check out her "Twisted Disney Princesses".)

CHAPTER 1

"It's been 11 months now since John Smith left." Pocahontas sighed to Nakoma. 

"Don't worry. He will come back. He loves you." She replied meaningfully.

"What if he... What if he didn't make it?" Pocahontas said, as she stroked the same wooden post that John was tied to the day before he was to be executed. 

"Don't say that, Pocahontas. Of course he made it. He's a fit, strong and healthy young man. They have good doctors in London, too."

Just then, Chief Powhatan called. 

"Ah. There you are, my daughter." He said, peering his head around the tent. "I want to have a talk with you."

"Yes, father. Just one minute."

Pocahontas wiped away her tears, remembering the words John sang to her "I can see the truth so clear, in your eyes, so dry your eyes."

She smiled, as she remembered how surprised she was upon learning that John could sing.

"Ah, now that's how I like to see my best friend - smiling!" Nakoma joked. She hugged her, and walked her out of the tent to meet Chief Powhatan.

"I'll go and gather some corn" said Nakoma, realising that Powhatan wanted to speak to Pocahontas alone.

"Walk with me, daughter" he said to her, headed towards the river. 

They arrived at the river's edge. "The last time we came here together, I told you that rivers always choose the smoothest course. I was wrong. Look just over there" He pointed to where the river turns into rapids, white foam appearing as the water crashes over some small boulders, and escalates into a wild waterfall. "The river flows in all sorts of ways. The smoother it flows, the safer it is. But that doesn't mean the smoothest course is always the right one to take. They all lead to different places, sometimes better sometimes worse, but unless you take that chance, you will never know, and you will always wonder 'What If'." He pushed a canoe into the river. "Go, my daughter. Have some fun."

Pocahontas hugged her father, and stepped into the canoe. It tilted to the left, and then to the right, almost tipping before steadying itself. “That was close!” She said nervously. Powhatan sniggered quietly, but Pocahontas saw and gave him a sly look, before bursting out into laughter herself.

She began to paddle towards the rough rapids, when she spotted Meeko and Flick. "There you two are!" She paddled nearer to pick them up. "Hop in!" 

Meeko jumped into the canoe, and lay half on Pocahontas's lap, Flick perched himself on her shoulder. 

Pocahontas began paddling on, down towards the waterfall. Meeko squeaked loudly, and held on tightly, as the canoe dropped over the edge, nose first. They landed safely, not even wet.

At the bottom, the river splits into two directions. She decides to go the roughest way again, and see Grandmother Willow. Before she turns off, she sings, "Do you still wait for me, Dream Giver? Just around the riverbend!" somehow hoping that her words will have some form of impact on how her future will turn out.

They finally arrive at Grandmother Willow's swamp, after getting stuck between two rocks on the way, and almost losing their paddle twice. “I guess that’s what you get for not picking the smoothest course,” she joked to Meeko. He smiled and snuggled into her leg.

Pocahontas stepped out of the canoe, and pulled it up onto the muddy bank so it wouldn’t drift away.

Meeko ran ahead and hopped up onto Grandmother Willow’s stump. Flit flitted closely behind, followed by Pocahontas. She gracefully stepped onto the stump, and knelt on her knees, waiting for Grandmother Willow’s face to appear.

“Grandmother Willow?” She called, “Granny Willow?”

Immediately, her face appeared.

“Granny Willow!” She exclaimed. Her outburst made Meeko jump. “You know I don’t like being called ‘Granny’. It makes me sound so old!”

“I’m sorry, Grandmother Willow. But I thought you were one of the oldest trees in the forest?”

“Never mind that. Anyway, I thought you might come today. I’m glad you did. I could do with nice chat.” She replied. “And how are you feeling today, my child?”

“I feel afraid.” Pocahontas whimpered, “It’s been 11 months since John Smith left.”

“My child, when two people love each other as much and you and John Smith do, that is enough to conquer all the troubles you may face in life. John loves you. That love will live inside him, and make him strong.”

“But what if his wound was so bad that it can’t be cured?” Pocahontas wept.

Grandmother Willow pursed her wooden lips, and replied, “Take a moment to listen, Pocahontas. What do you feel?”

Pocahontas closed her teary eyes. “I feel a strange feeling.” She uttered after about two minutes. “I’ve never felt anything like it.”

“And now what do you hear? Listen carefully.” Grandmother Willow urged.

Pocahontas closed her eyes again, and listened carefully. She heard strange whispers, like leaves rustling, but as if they were trying to tell her something. “I hear whispers, but I can’t understand them!” she cried.

Grandmother Willow rolled her eyes at having to tell the girl again to “Listen With Her Heart”.  She sang: “Listen with your heart, you will understand. Let it break upon you like a wave upon the sand. Let the spirits guide you, child.”

Pocahontas listened more carefully than ever. She could almost hear what they were saying. The voices got louder. All the birds suddenly fluttered off, out of shock.

Then the whispers turned into a single voice, a handsome voice. It got louder, and then she realised it that it was a familiar voice, one she loved, and had longed to hear for months.