Kenny didn't seem to have the same problem as me. He was currently balanced on a branch that seemed to be thick enough to support him, crouched down so he wouldn't fall and possibly break his spine. One hand was on the branch for extra support and the other was knocking on my window.

He scared the living wits out of me. One second I heard knocking, the next I turned around and just saw him standing there like a cuckoo bird. I was so shocked I didn't know what to say but I had to snap out of it and let him in before he he had a chance to stumble and fall. My window had a lock installed on it by my dad, for multiple reasons and it's best not to elaborate now, so after I fumbled with it for a few moments, I opened it and he just sort of...tripped inside?

He landed on the floor with a really heavy thud and I thought he might've hurt himself. But, by the looks of it, he was fine. Kenny sprung up like he didn't just roll in through my window and focused on getting rid of his hoodie. It was too hot for him to have it on. He was going to get boiled alive; it was like 40 degrees outside.

"I didn't expect you to show up out of nowhere like this, Kenny." I watched him take a seat on the side of my bed, the blond himself scanning the place and getting adjusted to everything.

"You're the one that texted me." He shrugged, as if the answer to his sudden appearance was that clear, "Wow, your parents suck too huh? They leave you like this all the time?"

I rubbed my knuckles together, "Sometimes."

"Hey, mine too. They don't go far though. You can usually find them at the nearest bar in town. Drunk, but a few bottles of ice cold water can work wonders if you're trying to sober someone the fuck up." Then he smiled for some reason and I felt uneasy because talking about my parents was strange. I felt they were gonna pop out of nowhere and ground me for badmouthing them to people they don't even know.

"Uh, my parents usually leave town. They don't pick up their phones either."

His eyebrows shot up and he squinted at me, "Dude, what if something happens to you? How would they even know?"

My turn to shrug, "I guess they wouldn't until they got back home. You get used to it after a while."

"Damn, I thought my parents were shitty. You've had it quite badly too."

"You don't need to feel sorry for me-"

He snorted and patted the spot next to him, inviting me to sit, "I'm not pitying you man. Just thought it was funny. Your family's gonna fit right in with the South Park etiquette when it comes to parenting; Let them children do whatever the hell they want and stay blissfully unaware of how much you suck at being a parent."

I hesitated. But I sat next to him anyways. He kept talking.

"You know what I do when my mom and dad start acting crazy? Either because they're drugged out of their minds or just being straight up assholes?" He asked me, but I couldn't tell if it was rhetorical or not so I just shook my head no, "I just leave. Like, full on run away from home for a couple of hours. Not like they would miss me but by the time I come back, they're not at home. Or they're sleeping. Sometimes, I take my sister with me."

"You have a sister?"

"Yup, big brother of the century right here." He pointed to himself, inflating his own ego before his face dropped, "Ugh, I don't trust them to be around her. She's still really small. Impressionable. Could start imitating them. I mean, look at how me and my brother wound up. Both of us could have it better."

I sighed and for once I actually knew what to say, "I'm sure your sister will be fine if she has you to look after her. You really care for her right?"

"I do."

"Yeah."

Silence. And then I felt like I had to say something else because it was getting too quiet, "Kenny? What are you doing here?"

He stared ahead. I thought he didn't hear me.

"Told you I just leave when they get annoying. Luckily for me, you're available to hang out with me. So here I am."

"What about your sister?"

"She's at a friends' right now. I don't need to worry about her." He groaned and rubbed his temples as if he could feel a headache coming. He stood up abruptly, without much of a warning and offered me his hand, "Let's go."

"Go...where?"

"Stark's Pond. You've been there before right? It's a small park. Better than sitting cooped up in here forever."

"But Kenny...I'm not allowed to leave-"

He interrupted me and started dragging me off the bed, "It's fine. You know it's not far away. A five minutes walk, if you will. You can come back in half an hour or so. Your parents won't even know. Then I can go pick up Karen and then everything will be flowers and sunshine. But I need to do something with my time because I'm gonna go insane otherwise."

He was still holding my hand. Or rather, my sleeve. He was pulling at it like an overexcited child and I felt like, compared to him, I was complaining over nothing. So, I pushed these thoughts back and allowed him to haul me to the front door of the house, watching me put my shoes on and leave my jumper behind on the couch. He let go of my sleeve.

It's not the first time I sneaked out. But this is the first time I had an accomplice to do it with so that's why I was feeling guilty. Maybe. It's just a quick visit to Stark's Pond. Like Kenny said, five minutes. Half an hour at best. I won't be gone long.

And it's better than not doing anything productive all day.

————————————————————————
Phew done. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to finish this before leaving and lacking Internet .

Anyway hope you enjoyed this layed down chapter which was more for them to relax and enjoy life after all the incidents until now.

I'll see y'all later.