Chapter One

Deep in the gloomiest kingdom there was a misreble prince locked away within his own castle. That capital of Nohr: Castle Krakenburg. The walls are dreary despite being lit with torches and decorated with red velvet carpeting. Despite there being new side tables with red, purple  and black roses adorning the vases. The structure was made entirely out of black brick, or black cobblestone. Rumors go around that late at night, you can hear the sobbing of the fallen High Prince Xander and Princess Elise echoing through the halls. You can hear the screams of vengeance of Garon as he was cut down one last time. But then again, those are only rumors. Only one who is there all the time knows. The one who knows is the pretty prince locked away in the castle.

Forrest was the son of King Leo. The sheltered prince locked away from the rest of the world inside of Nohr, doing what he pleases until time shall come where he rules the kingdom. He preferred sewing and more feminine ways of spending his time, however that didn't help the fact he was fighting boredom and the dank gloominess of the castle every second of the day. It wasn't the best thing for a future king like Forrest, but he makes do with what he has. He has two retainers, a loving aunt and father who can be way too overprotective, and one other friend. Who was this mystery friend? Tune in to the next chapter to find out more.

Forrest sat at the edge of his windowsill at the tallest tower in the castle where nobody wanted to go. This was where his bedroom was. The window opened to the dark skies, black dead trees, and the gloom of Nohr. He could see the dark buildings and empty cobblestone streets far and wide. He could see when people went outside and when they went inside. He could watch the people from a far distance, but he could never join them. This was agony to the prince. He wanted to go. He wanted to see. He wanted to be a part of their world.

The restrictive masculine clothes his father asked he wear weren't exactly the most comfortable things in the world. He hates tight collars and pants. He'd much rather wear a skirt or something pink any day. Black, maroon, crimson, and eggplant aren't exactly his color scheme. Maybe if it was lavender, but definitely not eggplant. Dark colors don't flatter his hair color or skin tone in the slightest. Forrest looted at his wrists, cuffed underneath the sleeves of the dress shirt. He let out a sigh, looking back out the window. Wait, that wasn't supposed to be there.

A child about his age was running from two Nohrian troops. Intrigued, Forrest watched from his window. The child grew nearer and nearer. Then they patched onto a tree and began climbing. The two lancers tried to as well, but they were too heavy for the dead branches and they snapped right off like a Twix. Forrest watched you scale the trees like it was nothing. You reached the top of your tree with ease.

Then you made eye contact. Forrest flinched, not knowing what was happening. Then you started tree hopping. Forrest gasped, hands over his mouth as you made the leap from one dead, frail, black tree to the other. The lancers below were screaming and yelling so loud it wasn't audible to forrest's ears. That's when he noticed you were trying to get closer to him.

What does he do in this situation!? His father never lets him outside! Let alone talk to another Nohrian! Does he help you? Does he let you fall to the authorities? Well, this could be his chance to talk to someone who isn't crude to him around the castle. It's always been like that since Aunt Camilla left Nohr to go someplace beyond the dragon gate with her wife. Forrest leaned out the window and held his arms out as you made it to the last tree.

"Don't worry I got you!"

He called. You rose an eyebrow but the lancers were right below you. Forrest watched you nod in agreement and make the leap of faith from the tree to Forrest. Forrest grabbed your wrists to give him some slipping space just in case. Oh my, you certainly were heavier than he expected. Of course the heaviest thing he ever lifted was a fourth pound bag of sewing supplies the maids had leftover. Forrest tires to drag you up, but you ended up using his arms and the wall to climb in through the window. 

Forrest fell back onto his bottom, hair falling over his shoulders. He watched you stand up from sitting on the windowsill and look around. Forrest sized you up in a glance, or from your appearance. It was the only thing he knew after all. His expert of trade. You seemed to be a swordsperson, having a seathed killing Edge on your belt. He guessed you were a mercenary? That's what the class is called, right? Aunt Selena, Aunt Camilla's wife, wore an outfit similar to yours. You had your hair pulled up and you were covered in dust, Irtysh, and dead plants. It was a  pitiful sight to see.

"So, am I arrested now or what?"

Arrested? Forrest didn't have a clue at what you were talking about as you sighed, slunoed over  and held out your hands like he was going to hand cuff you. Forrest stood up as you did this, finding it being his chance to compose himself.

"Because I'd much rather be arrested by a cutie like you than those damned soldiers."

Forrest blushed a little. This was the first time anyone has ever given him a compliment on his looks. Why? Because he's a man who dresses femininely whenever he can. His father voice very much disproves it. Especially for a future king of Nohr like his left. But none of the less, Forrest giggled cutely and accepted the compliment of being cute like you claimed. But he still didn't know why you believed you were about to be arrested right now.

"Why would I arrest you? You seem perfectly nice."

He watched you lift your head up and put your arms back at your sides. Forrest could clearly see the confusion spread over your face. It made Forrest smile nervously and look behind him. Nope, nothing there. He smoothed put his hair nervously. It wasn't that much of a disbelieving statement, right?

"The stories are true..."

Stories? What stories?

1092 words