Chap 5

Miguel and Maria quickly climb into the shrine and walk towards the guitar.
"De la Cruz? My name is Miguel. And this is Maria. We'd like to borrow your guitar, and play in the plaza, just like you did." Miguel pull the guitar down as he talks. When he does, Maria sees a glow on the cempasúchil on the floor.
"Please don't be mad, we wanna be just like you." Miguel lifts his hand and strums the guitar, the petals around them swirling up and glowing bright orange.
"What was that?" Maria asks, just as a light shines in through the window. Voices shout in horror and question where the guitar is. The door opens and grave man enters, Miguel sets down the guitar and he and Maria walked into the light.
"I'm sorry, we were just..." The man goes straight through Miguel making him and Maria gasp. More people enter as the two are trying to get out. All of them passing right through their bodies. The two run off and see miguels parent call for them. "Mama!" Miguel calls out happily and runs through her, trying to hug her. He trips and falls into a dug out grave, pulling Maria with him.
"Díos mío. Pequeños niños." A woman's voice calls from above. "Are you okay? Let me help you." Two gloved hand reach down and pull the two kids out of the hole.
"Thank you." Miguel starts only to see two skeletons in front of them. A series of scream follow the two skeletons along with Maria and Miguel. The two kids run off and hide behind a large grave stone. They look around and see skeletons everywhere. Maria starts breathing heavily and Miguel slaps his head. Out of nowhere, a tongue licks the side of miguels face gaining the two's attention.
"Dante? You can see us?" Miguel questions. Pepe runs her head on Maria's leg.
The two animals then run off forcing Miguel and Maria to follow. They accidentally run into a short skeletons, making him fall apart.
"I'm sorry." Miguel starts picking up the pieces as Maria holds onto the excited animals.
"Miguel?" The skeleton asks followed by two other voices calling for Miguel and Maria. "Youre here? Here, here. And you can see us?" The man asks, another skeleton runs to the kids, running through the man and making his bones fall apart again. The large skeletal woman pulls Miguel and Maria into a big hug.
"Remind me how we know you." Miguel says.
"We're your family mijo." The woman says smiling.
"Tia, Rosetta?" Miguel guestions.
"Si." The woman wakes happily.
"Than you're papa Julio? And Tia Victoria." Maria points out.
"They don't seem entirely dead." Victoria pokes at Maria's cheeks as a boy runs through Miguel.
"Their not quite alive either." Rosetta says.
"We need mama Imelda! She'll know how to fix this."
"Oye! Its mama Imelda!" A skeleton says after the two twin skeletons run up to the reunited family.
"She couldn't cross over!" The other continues.
"She's stuck."
"On the other side!" The finish at the same time. "Oh hey Miguel and Maria. *gasp*."
"I have a feeling this has something to do with you two." Victoria states.
"But if mama Imelda can't come to us..." Rosetta starts to say.
"Then we are going to her!" Julio grabs miguels hand and starts to lead the two kids further into the graveyard. As they get farther in, Dante and Pepe run ahead to a large petal bridge. Miguel and Maria stop at the beginning and are encouraged to continue by papa Julio.
As their crossing they stare in awe at the other bridges.
"Dante wait up!" Miguel calls as Dante rushes forward. Maria follows, with Pepe at her feet. "Dante, you gotta stay with me boy, we don't know where, we..." Miguel gasps at the large building structures glowing brightly together like a thousand candle in a single pitch black room.