The Wet Skirt- 2

Manik trips in front of the teacher and inexplicably dumps the bowl of water in Nandini's lap.

Nandini pretends to be angry at him, but all the while is saying to herself, "Thank you Aiyappa! Thank you so much."

Now all of a sudden instead of being an object of riddicule, she became the object of sympathy. The teacher rushes her downstairs and gets her a pair of gym shorts while the skirt dries out.

All the other children are on their hands and knees cleaning up her desk. The sympathy is wonderful. But as life would have it, the ridicule that should have been Nandini's has been transferred to someone else -- Manik.

He tries to help but they tell him to get out. "You have done enough, you klutz."

Finally at the end of the day, as they are waiting for the bus, Nandini walks over to Manik and whispers, "You did that on purpose, didn't you?"

Manik smiles and whispers back, "I wet my pants once too. I just wanted to help you."

All of us go through all good and bad things in life. We should always remember how we felt when we were in the same condition and should not mock others for being in it.

Naturally Manik and Nandini became the best of friends and remained so for the rest of their lives. And the wet skirt remained their little secret.

The End...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING. PLEASE DO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE THE STORY IF YOU LIKE IT.