Chapter Seventeen

Mulai dari awal

"Well Alhamdulillah, just take everything to the kitchen and go get some rest, okay?"

"Okay Mama." She took everything she bought to the kitchen and went straight to her room to take a rest like her mother suggested. She took a quick shower and then changed into something light. Maryam went to fetch some food in the kitchen when she met her mother and Anty in the kitchen.

"Wow... Hajiya where did you get this spice? Its really good wallahi, it makes your food taste and smells nice , i have once used it." Haj. Binta smiled at her partner.

"Maryam got it in the market today." Maryam admired her mother and her partner because of how they live in peace, respect and harmony.

"Yes Anty i got it at the supermarket today as it was scarce in the market." Anty nodded

"I thought as much because i know it has gone scarce some time ago. When next you are going you will get it for me too."

"Okay i will let you know when i am going for now i am very hungry." Anty laughed at her shaking her head.

"Madam chop chop, food is there." She pointed at the food flask. Maryam took her food to her room and after eating she just crashed into a deep slumber. She woke up at maghrib and she prayed before she starts to recite the holy qur'an. Her father came in shortly after she was done.

"Baba good evening, sit down please. You should have called me if you needed anything instead of coming here." Alh. Muhammad smiled

"Can't i come to my daughter's room again or can't i see her when i want to??" Maryam shook her head like a small kid.

"No that is not what i mean, i mean you shouldn't have taken the trouble you know you could just have sammoned me to your room."

"No don't worry it's okay. I was just coming back from work and decided to branch and see how everyone is doing before going in."

"Okay thank you so much for your love and care Baba."

"No don't mention after all it's my responsibilty. Do you need anything maybe money or anything?" He asked Maryam and she shook her head meaning no.

"No Baba i don't need anything i am okay."

"Are you sure?" He asked her again putting his hand into his pocket to fetch some money.

"I am sure Baba, i will let you know if i need anything."

"Okay then, just take this it's 15k keep it with you okay?" Maryam smiled at her father while stretching her hands to collect the money.

"Thank you so much Baba i really appreciate it." He nodded at her while he stood up and left the room. He entered all the other rooms of his kids and wives giving everyone some money before he went to his room. They later on all came out to the living room to gist and watch tv, everyone was happy about the money they received from their father and they want to go out the next day to get somethings at the supermarket. Haj. Binta suggested that Maryam should accompany the kids to the supermarket and Musty should take them. Anty also want to get some things so she will go with them. At 10pm they all retired to bed.

It was Saturday morning and the house was full of various activities in Maryam's household. The mother's are making breakfast in the kitchen while Maryam was sweeping the corridor and the boys are playing football at the courtyard. They all gathered for breakfast while Alh. Muhammad joined them.They had breakfast enjoying each other's company and when they were done they moved to the living room to gist more.

By 4pm everyone was ready to go out excluding Haj. Binta who was not going out with them. Mustapha took their family car i.e the sienna and they left for the supermarket. They arrived at the supermarket and they all went inside. As soon as the person in the counter Mubarak saw Maryam he took his phone to call his boss.