Chapter Five: Some Things are Worth Rebellion

Looking like a dried out sponge, his eyes slowly began to flutter open. His worn face turned into a ball of sunshine when he spotted me. I gave him a small smile, and he returned it, weakly. I noticed that it took a lot of strength on his part, and it hurt me to know that I couldn't help him even open his eyes. He had to recover all on his own. Of course, I would help to make the recovery as easy as possible, but there weren't many things I could physically help him to do.

"Abs?"

"Hi Ian." I closed the door and walked next to his bed, examining the whole situation. Ian looked a lot like he did when we found him in the forest, only there was a lot less blood covering him.

"What happened?" he asked, his mind completely lost in a daze. Had he not remembered a single thing about what had happened? If not, then there would be no way to prove that Johnny was, indeed, innocent. I just stared at Ian blankly, happy that he was still alive.

Johnny looked at him with a smile. "Do you not remember anything? It's okay, you can take your time." I gave Johnny a hearty smile. He was being so considerate, even after all of the trouble Ian had caused for him.

Ian's eyes narrowed. "What are you doing here?"

My heart dropped. It didn't dawn on me that Ian would not have wanted to see Johnny right away. It was probably a bad idea to bring him here, but I can't change the past, so I just rolled with it. I shrugged my shoulders, as if to tell Ian that it was no big deal whether or not Johnny was here. Ian seemed to disagree. "Abbey, get rid of him."

"No, I won't." I shook my head, trying to figure out what I should say. Of course, Ian is the one hurt and I should respect his wishes, but the differences between these two need to be put aside.

"Look, he's my boyfriend, and I love him very much. Besides, he's the reason that you're alive and in a hospital right now! Well, he's not the reason why you're injured, but he's the reason that you could get the medical help that you need." I felt myself beginning to blab on, so I just stopped myself, shutting my eyes until I could take a deep breath.

"Where's Bri?" Ian asked in a daze. The statement caught me off guard, and I only gave him a curious look. Why was my twin brother asking about where my best friend was? I mean, I know that she liked him, but it wasn't possible for him to like her back, right? There was no way that these feelings could be happening around me, without me realizing that they were occurring.

I cocked my head to the side. "Why do you ask?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "She's your best friend, isn't she? Why'd you bring him instead of her?" I guess that was a valid response, but something seemed out of sorts.

"Well, Johnny is the one who found you hurt, called the hospital, ran to get me, and everything. Ian, he's the reason that you're okay!" My voice sounded exasperated and desperate, as I tried everything to get Ian to realize that Johnny wasn't as bad of a person as he thought.

Ian's eyes widened at this, "He knew where I was because he was the one who hurt me! Then he tries to cover up his tracks like that? So shady."

Johnny sighed, and gave me a pleading look. "Ian, no, I wasn't the one who hurt you, I swear. I was just walking, and I found you running towards the forest – hurt. Obviously, I couldn't just leave you there! You're my girlfriend's twin brother. Now if you would like to believe otherwise and that I actually hurt you, then I cannot persuade your mind. I only hope that you find it in your heart to believe the truth, and understand that I am not guilty."

Ian looked at Johnny hesitantly. His eye twitched and I'm not sure if it was because he knew he was wrong or from pain. "You're telling the truth?"