Chapter Two Matt

Matt walked alongside Amber, his eyes darting towards her every second. She seems nice, but shy. Maybe she just needs some friends. She's kinda cute. He thought, his thoughts flying like they always did.

Just then, one of the textbooks Amber was carrying fell from her arms. Reaction on reflex, Matt snapped his hand out and caught the book, grabbing it with his other as he brought it away from the floor, black lightning arcing off his hands. He stood back up and grabbed his books, which had barely fallen any since he let them go. As he slowed to a stop, he saw Amber staring at him, eyes wide.

"Uhh..." Crap, good one Matt. He thought. "Here's your book... please don't tell anyone, okay?" He asked.

Amber nodded, before Matt heard something. He whipped his head to see one of the school bullies threatening a kid for his lunch money.

"One sec Amber." Matt said, his eyes narrowing. "I got business to attend to."

He shoved his books into his backpack, dropping it on the ground before he ran into the boys bathroom. He raced into a stall and slammed it shut, before he raised his hand, holding it outwards so a golden ring on one of his fingers caught the light.

"Time for Volt to show up." He said, as his speedster suit exploded out of the ring, wrapping itself around him. Matt pulled the hood up, covering his face with his mask, before he raced out of the bathroom in a blur of black lightning.

He skidded to a stop, leaning against the wall behind the bully, who hadn't noticed he had showed up.

"I thought I told you to leave the kids here alone." Matt said, his voice sounding deeper because of a bit of tech he had added to his mask. The bully whipped around and let go of the kid, who ran off.

"Scram. If I find you doing this again, I'll deal with you myself." Matt said, and the bully nodded his head. As the kid ran off, Matt took off, racing down the hallway until he ran outside. Going around the school, he phased through a wall back into the stall he had run into, his suit disappearing back into his ring as he came to a stop. Casually, he walked out of the stall and out of the bathroom, picking up his bag before walking up to Amber.

"Let's get to our class." He said out loud, before adding in a lower tone. "Ask away; I'll answer any questions you have."

______________________________________________________________________________

AN:

Well that was quick. UMMMMMMMMM... so Matt is a superhero! I'm going to keep Amber's powers a secret... Dark doesn't even know. It's going to be a big surprise... Also I chose the name to through yall off since her powers don't have anything to do with fire.

-Cobalt

Just saying hi, don't have anything to say right now lol.

-Darkstalker728