Chapter four...

Katie at the top....

Ace POV....

     I calmly step out of the car and ask all the security guards to leave except one. As they drive off, the guard follows me to the door of my apartment handing me the keys.

But before I go in, "I'm asking you to stay because I know a lot of people would like to come see me and I'm really not in the mood. The only people permitted to enter are my team mates, here are their names " I said handing him the piece of paper.

I finally walk in, taking in the scene. This place is exactly as I left it. It seems the maids still cleaned it everyday even though I wasn't around.

I walk through the hall way leading to the living room then straight to the patio. I rest my arms on the railing breathing in the smell of the ocean. Calming.

Crystal POV....

     I run and run holding the box tight to my stomach so it won't fall. Good thing I wasn't wearing heels. As Ace's apartment comes to view, I'm already a panting mess and I know I don't look or smell too good either.

As I get there, I see one of the security guards standing at the porch with a frown on his face. What's with guards and frowning?

As I approach him, he looks me up and down with a disgusted expression. Jerk. "uhhh.... Hi I'm Crystal, I'm here to give Ace his gift " I said as his face tightens. "he said he doesn't want to be disturbed, now leave " his gruff voice speaks.

"no please no, I... I forgot to place my gift on the gift table and... and I need to give it to him before it goes bad please" I breathed out. "sorry, but he said only his team mates are allowed..."

"but I am his team mate!" I cut him off. He stares at me for a minute then he brings out a piece of paper from his back pocket. "what's your name? " he said. "Crystal... Crystal Watterson " I said as he scans the paper.

He finally motions for me to go in and I mutter a thank you before walking in. I walk through the hall way containing paintings, sculptures, and some pictures of our team. His apartment was always the biggest since he's the heir to the clan. It's even bigger than the staff's apartments.

I walk into the living room. This place really brings back memories. "Ace.... You here, I've got something for you! " I yelled but there was no response. I plop myself down on the sofa which was completely covered with Ace's scent.

I stare at the beautiful Chandelier hanging from the ceiling suddenly getting lost in my thoughts...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"what you doing here? "

"WAAHHH!!! " I yell sprinting off the couch and making an ice dart, then threw it at the direction of the voice.

I stare at the figure and realise its .... Ace. There he stood in all his glory with the dart I threw between his middle finger and index finger, melting it. I couldn't help but blush. He's soooooo.... Wow.

It looked like he just came out of the shower judging by how wet his hair is. Now that I was up close, I could see how his face has changed. His jaw was sharp and hard, he had long dark and thick eye lashes framing his golden brown orbs. His biceps were bigger too and you could see his well defined chest through the  tank top he was wearing which was paired with some sweat pants. He was also bear footed.

"what are you doing here Crystal? " he asked firmer now. I lift my gaze to meet his now blue ones. Yes, his eyes turn to different colors according to his emotions.  And right now, his blue eyes means he's amused, probably because he knew I was checking him out.

"uuuhh... Hey Ace, I... Uh..came here to give you you're gift... I forgot to keep it on the gift table so.... I brought it here " I said breathing once in a while to calm my beating heart then handing him the box. He just stared at it, then at me. Then he leaned on the door frame crossing his left leg over the other and folding his arms making his muscles bulge.

"quite staring at me and open it" he snapped making me jump a little almost dropping the box. I opened it making the aroma hit our noses. He reached out for one and took a bite which made me study his face closely to see his expression.

"so.... Uhhhh... What do you think? I made it my self" I said nervously. He looked down smirking making one of his dimples show. Swoooooooon.

"it's... delicious" he said taking another bite. I must have been staring and grinning too long cuz he snapped his fingers in my face. "you can leave now " he says somewhat annoyed. "oh.. Ok" I whispered walking around him but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"where are you going with those?" he whispered, his  warm breath fanning my neck. "I.... " he cuts me off "aren't those for me? ". "oh... Ohhhh, I'll just set it down here" I said placing the box on the coffee table.

I came to pass by him but his body was blocking the way out. "ummm, could you... " I said using my hand to tell him to move aside. He just stared at me with his normal honey coloured eyes. He suddenly grabbed my hand pulling me to him with his other hand in his pocket. That's when i realised my height stopped just at his chest. Am I really that short?

His eyes narrow as he stared at me. OK what's with him and staring into people's eyes? It's getting really creepy.

"where have you been? " he whispered, his minty breath fanning my face. I could feel the heat crawling up to my face. "wh... What " I said confused. Shouldn't i be the one who's supposed to ask that question, considering he left Nexus three years ago to go for a conquest at God knows where.

He leaned in closer and closer, our noses almost brushing. I closed my eyes shut. Is he going to kiss me? I felt his hand run through my hair, then I felt something tickling me on my nose.

I opened my eyes and saw him holding a feather in my face. "this got stuck to your hair, that's why i asked where you've been " he said finally releasing me and placing the feather in my hand. "OH " I said looking down. He placed a finger on my chin lifting my head to meet his gaze. "did you think I was gonna kiss you? " he said raising a brow, his eyes turning blue. "whaaaat... Nooooooo " I said trying not to give it away.

"Good, I would hate you for that" he said and my eyes snapped up to meet his gaze, giving him a questioning look and he nodded. "I... I have to go " I said squeezing through the little space he left and ran out. And he didn't stop me. Well, that went well....

I'm not really feeling it in this chapter but.. Here you go... Drama starts next chapter 😉

So buh bye my lovelies😘......

don't forget to vote and comment ✌....