006 - Freddie

Freddie already regretted going to him. But she had to go through it someday. She wanted to get over it. She looked around. "Not much has changed here."

Harry stared at her. When their eyes met again, he raised his eyebrows. "What ya doin' here?"

His blunt words made her shrink a little. He was still mad. After all these years.

"Alexis wanted to visit her old man and insisted that I came with her, together with Ashley."

Again Harry raised his eyebrows. "'s that Ashley? Man, hadn't recognized her."

Freddie felt relieved she hadn't blew the whistle. It was a long time ago she'd used Alexis and Ashley's birth names, instead of their club names. She looked over her shoulder. Echo was well on the way. She leaned with her arm at the bar while talking to the latin guy. The way he was leaning toward her, showed Freddie there was at least a connection. 

Since Echo was the hacker of their club, it was obvious she would go after that of SAMCRO. Rebel had set her sights on her high school flame, who would be very well informed since he was the VP of the Sons. 

Not much was left for Freddie. She refused to hook up with someone who could be her dad or brother, so save from the hacker only a prospect had remained an option. Not somebody from the hard core, but that might make it easier to extract intel from him. 

She focused again on the person she was having a conservation with – insofar there was a conservation. "So, how are you, Harry?"

"Opie," he answered grumpy. "Nobody calls me Harry anymore."

"Opie, then." She gave him an apologetic smile. 

She saw his eyes stray to her lips and felt her stomach turn. More than once she'd wondered how things had worked out between them if she'd had the balls to share her doubts with him. Would they still have been together? Although he always did have a broad posture, he seemed even taller and more indestructible than she remembered. His beard and long hair gave him a rough look, he really had became a man. 

"I'm fine." He took a sip of his beer and put the bottle at the table. Around almost every finger he wore a ring, and none of them looked like a real wedding ring. Although that wasn't saying much.

Silence fell again. It was clear he didn't want to talk to her, and he obviously didn't care what her life looked like. Without saying a single word he walked to the bar, got a new beer and kept standing there. 

Freddie sighed deeply. 

Well, that was a good start. What now? She wished there was a place she could fall back to, but she was a guest here and the apartment she'd hired on Vicente's expenses, wasn't very close. 

Her eyes flashed to her sister. She was still talking to her target, and she felt a sting of jealousy. He was a handsome guy, and his smile looked sincerely. His company could hardly be unpleasant. She hoped her own subject would soon enter the clubhouse too, so that she'd have something to do. 

Before they went to this place, she had seen a picture of the prospect. He'd do. Not a type she would fall for herself, but he wasn't ugly. He however was five years younger than she, so she hoped he was also interested in woman who were a little more mature than students. 

A door in the side wall opened. For a moment she forgot to breath. Even worse than facing Harry Winston, was facing the one who stepped right into the room now.

The eyes of the woman wandered through the room, and of all people who were around, they rested on her.

Freddie cursed internally. She could only hope Gemma Teller wouldn't recognize her.