Simple Serenades

Part XIV- Simple Serenades.

-

serenade

not quite sure

what to say

so i twist my chords

and the rhythm stays

my tongue ties

and my heart beats fast

i'm not sure what song

i'm singing but it will last

i cannot look you in the eyes

for i'm a coward of love

you'll know i'm not a lie

and you'll see that i'm enough

i'm a joke for

trying to sing to you

but what can i do?

i'm helplessly inlove with you.

-

Can you ever picture a whole day where the sun shine was dim and the weather was made for sleeping comfortably in your bed?

I'm pretty sure we all have been through that day, the day when you just want to be alone and safely sound in the presence of silence and rain.

But that's not the deal for Lenka, having to know what will arrive any minute in her window.

She clasps her necklace tightly, in hopes of getting it cold, since it's been burning her neck for the past few minutes.

Her father used to say that her heart necklace had been passed on for years, a legend must he say.

Her mother told her too that she has to pass it on to her children, and she even told her a secret. That the ruby was connected to our veins that lead to the heart.

"Gosh, this is so annoying." She muttered to herself, looking out at the window. She sat near it with her hot chocolate and stared at the outside world.

She hopes to see person she's been anxiously waiting for, ever since the text she's recieved from him last night.

Ugly Ray Bans: 9:30 pm tomorrow, get ready and look out your window.

And she blamed him for making her stay up late nervously thinking about what he would do, and she waited patiently in her window after eating dinner.

She knew deep inside her guts that she was excited for what he may bring, but she pushed it deep down and ignored it.

Ray Bans was her crush ever since Elementary, and he knew that and used to tease her endlessly about it. Highschool came and she convinced herself that she likes him no more, but Ray knew better.

The two would fight and quarrel every morning, every night. And when someone would make a comment about how cute the two were, they'd keep quiet and Lenka would blush furiously.

What they didn't say, was that Ray was blushing furiously too, his red ears say so- but they wouldn't tell that to Lenka.

Lenka read the text message over and over again, sipping her hot choco and looking at the time afterwards.

This having-no-crush thing isn't working. She thought with her head down. Lenka wanted to move-on, she really wanted to.

Ever since she knows she will be heartbroken in the end, she stopped crushing on him- atleast tried.