chapter one .

indigo marie blu . || 19 years old . || dominican and black .

FLASHBACK || 14 YEARS OLD

" indi , indi , ingido marie blu! " i take out my headphones looking up at my mother , whose calling my name. i mentally roll my eyes , knowing she's about to argue about something fairly simple.

" yes ma? " i answer her very softly.

" why haven't you taken out the trash yet? you got marcus up in here taking out trash and doing your job, this is not his responsibility. get up and go take out the trash from upstairs baby" i simply nodded to her , getting up walking upstairs to my room stopping midway and looking back to see marcus staring at me.

i shake my head continuing walking up the stairs to my room. when i get inside i grab my trash from my bathroom, placing it inside the trash bag with the other trash and walks over into my mom's bedroom , but stop when i see him sitting on the edge of the bed.

" you can come on in , indi ... i ain't gon' hurt ya'. " i roll my eyes , and walk inside grabbing the trash by her door, walking around her bed picking up beer cans.

" my name is indigo , don't call me anything other than that pls. " i continue picking up trash not even bothering to look up at him , knowing he's scanning my body.

" mm you a feisty one, think you the shit huh? " i quickly back up into a wall as he approaches me, getting closer and closer. he reaches down grabbing my ass, and covers my mouth. my eyes instantly close and i begin to tear up.

" ohhh no, don't cry now sweet thang' i saw you flaunting around me wearing those tiny ass shorts and them crop tops. i know you want me, we can do something on the low and not let your momma know. " he starts to unbuckle my pants and i try squirming but it does no good.

finally he uncovers my mouth, but not before warning me if i scream or say anything that he'll kill my mom and then me. he pulls my pants down , along with my panties and all i can do is cry. i stand there shocked as he roughly picks me up laying me on my mom's bed. he pulls his pants down in a hurry, pulling out his member and strokes it while staring at me biting his lip.

somehow i get the strength to say something. " pls don't do this! please, please please. " i cry a little harder, he ignores my cries and pleads and roughly pushes himself inside of me, i cover my face and sobs as he pumps in and out of me moaning in pleasure from my crying.

" please, please. stop, i wont tell mommy , please stop. " i beg quietly, but yet he ignores my pleads and continues until he pulls out and cums on me. i cringe on the inside and continue laying there staring at the ceiling.

" get up , and clean this shit up you little whore. " i heard the click as he shut the door, indicating he had walked out the room. i roll into a ball, continuing to sob for a while. until i decide to get up and clean myself off. i put back on my clothes and limp into my room, i pull my covers back and get under them, pulling them over me and staring into space crying.

the next day.

as the bright lights from the outside shine on my face, i continue laying there .. shocked, scared and hurt. i think back to the first time he did that stuff to me ... i was 10 years old. he had taken my innocence, my virginity, my childhood away from me. i wasn't a baby anymore. he'd taken all that away from me.

i heard a knock on the door and quickly pulled my covers closer to me. " who is it? " i say softly, listening for a response.

" get up indigo , we're going to eat. " i relax a little bit , and ask for her to come in.

" mommy , i have to tell you something. and you have to believe me okay, you just have to. " i break down, and start crying as my mother pats my back and tells me she's listening.

"he does things to me, things that shouldn't happen to a innocent child. he rapes me and touches me and looks at me weirdly. it all started when i was 10 and you left him to watch me alone one day when you went to the store. he told me to not tell you and if i did he'd kill you and me. " i wiped my eyes and looked up to see the fury on my mothers face.

" you shut the fuck up! you're lying! marcus would never do such a thing like that. you're a nasty , disgusting little bitch. i can't believe you want attention that bad, that you would go to desperate measure to say that he raped you? indigo you have crossed the fucking lines and i don't want your litte thot ass here anymore, i'm calling DHR and sending your ass to a fucking group home! " i looked at mother, shocked at was she had just told me.

i started crying , and all i felt was a sting on the side of my face. she had slapped me, my own mother slapped me. i clutched the side of my face, watching her leave my room. i couldn't believe that she didn't believe me. i'm her daughter, you would think she would believe her daughter over some psycho, sick man! but no. i cried the rest of the night. i can't believe she's doing this to me!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well that's the end of this chapter , i hoped you guys liked the intro. my friend sephorical and i are writing this book together , so make sure to go follow her. this is my second book , the first one didn't get that much attention. so i thought i'd go a different route for this one. so make sure to leave feedback in the comment section and let me know what you guys think , thank you! - khalia & keke.