"Come sit back down." I said.

I took her hand in mine again as we sat back down on the bench. She looked like she was so close to crying.

"Just breathe, you're only overwhelming yourself." I said.

She took a deep breath and looked to me. She sighed and rested her head on my shoulder. I put my arm around her and held her. She needed me. I kissed her forehead.

"I'm sorry." Phiona said.

"It's not your fault." I said.

"You're right, I am just scared." Phiona said.

"No one knows you better than me." I said. She nodded and looked up at me.

"I'm lost without you." Phiona said.

"We need each other, you understand that right?" I asked.

"Yes." Phiona said.

"Then let me help us both out." I said.

"Okay Jacob, but if I don't like it then I don't know what I'm going to do." Phiona explained.

"Trust me, you'll like it. Just open up your heart a bit more." I said.

"Okay." Phiona said.

"Now, before we go back, I'm pretty sure Eric is still inside we should get him first." I said.

"Eric? I know an Eric, we met on the city bus." Phiona said.

"I know, he told me." I chuckled.

"Oh...he's kind of odd, he stared at me the whole time." Phiona said.

"He's just mesmerised by your beauty." I smiled.

"Whatever." Phiona laughed. She grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers as we stood up.

"I love you." I said.

Phiona smiled. "I love you too." she said.

Before Phiona began walking, I stopped her one more time and turned her towards me. I pulled her against me, tightly. I stared down into her eyes, they were still beautiful. I began to lean down and I finally reached her lips.

We kissed. Finally. I leaned us side to side as we did so. This moment was so perfect to me. I took in every second of it. This only made me love her more. Soon, I found that we had pulled away from each other.

"Let's go." I said. She smiled and followed me back inside of the school.

We got Eric in the midst of him talking to some of the kids. I guess they liked him. We all made our way to the bus stop and got on. Through the ride, we all talked. I missed Phiona so much and I didn't realize that until now. I got my girl back and we were going to be okay. Love makes those who have been through a lot inseparable, like us.

°•°

Phiona

Through the bus ride, on our way to Truman I talked and held onto Jacob's hand. I realized, I was very wrong a few weeks ago. I didn't really move on, that was just a cover up lie from the hurt I was feeling. I was still in love with Jacob, just like he was in love with me. I missed him a lot, more than I intended to on thinking about.

His friend, Eric was very nice, funny, and talkative. He was just this ball of energy which fascinated me a lot. Knowing Jacob, I never would have thought that he'd gain a friend such as Eric. He's very different from Tré, Brice, and Nate. It's pitiful when you think about it, they're all dead. All out of violence. I just hope this can truly be a fresh start.