"Couldn't be her. She disappeared around mid-afternoon yesterday and this water would be dried up. Plus, it's warm water. It was recent." Kyran ran his finger across the porcelain walls of the sink.

      "Find anything over there? Blood, bodies, evidence?" I played up banter. "Ha ha, very funny. But no," Kyran sighed.

    I left the main room and wandered down the dorm, finding the kitchen. It was also clean and completely stripped of any objects or belongings.

     I opened every cabinet and drawer, but absolutely nothing. Anything that wasn't taken was because it belonged to the dormitories of YHS.

    Not a shred of evidence. Absolutely nothing. Positively clean. No blood, no bodies, no clues, no signs, no Evelyn.

    I checked the fridge and it had little crumbs and all that extra stuff but no food or drinks. I felt my stomach growl. I hadn't eaten since we left Canada this morning.

    I closed the fridge and left the kitchen, defeated. Maybe Gold had more luck. I scurried up the stairs, marching past the small sitting area. It had a similar layout to our dorms, but some rooms were different.

    "Gold? Find anything?" I called out. "Nope," She called back. I pushed open a door and it lead into what I assumed was Evelyn's bedroom at one point.

      "There's a few dust bunnies and crumbs but other than that, this room has nothing to offer. No bed, no desk, no dresser, no boxes. The closet's empty. I already checked." Gold frowned.

    "Darn it, everything is just leading to dead ends. This must be what it feels like to be an investigator or police officer." I crossed my arms.

    "We've impersonated cops before. This is just sad." Gold shook her head. "Whoops, forgot about the cop thing," I laughed.

     "That's only because Evelyn made us. Remember? Fake ID's and all. It was.. interesting?" Gold recalled.

     "Eh, old habits die hard," I giggled. "Old habits? When have we impersonated cops before that?" Gold inquired.

    "I mean all of this. This investigating, being nosy, going where we aren't supposed to, that's our habits. Our habits of being too nosy. And it's fun," I joked sheepishly.

    "Well we've got too many bad habits then. I thought you believed in good," Gold joked back. "I do. I always hope that good wins in the end. But, that doesn't mean I've never gotten in trouble," I exclaimed.

    "Trust me, I know that last part." Gold raised an eyebrow. "Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" I stuck my tongue out at her.

     "Funneh, on the first day of our sophomore year, you got detention and literally blew up a chunk of the school," Gold listed.

    "Soooo?" I giggled. "And you got detention on the first day of last year! Our junior year, remember? And don't even get me started on—" I playfully punched Gold in the shoulder.

   "I get it! I'm troublesome," I laughed. "We both are," Gold smiled with a chuckle.

    My phone started to ring and vibrate in my pocket. Startled, I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at the screen.

    I was getting a call back from Alec! I clicked the answer button and held it up to my ear. "Hi?" I inquired awkwardly. I had meant to say hello but whatever. Carpe Diem, am I right?

Okay that made no sense, even for me.

    "Hey, Funneh. Sorry I didn't answer earlier, I was helping Aly set up something for her dancing stuff. But what's up?" He clarified.

I DON'T KNOW YOUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें