Prologue|•

"Come on honey, you can do it!" Alexander reassured Eliza as she was giving birth. Eliza was holding onto Alexander's hand and squeezing it very tightly to the point where her knuckles were turning white, but Alexander didn't mind it.

After what felt like hours their baby was finally born into the world. Alexander looked over to the baby and smiled, he was beautiful, and Alexander was so proud to be a father.

As he was looking at his son with pride in his eyes, he felt Eliza let go of his hand, and he turned his attention back to his wife who looked pale and her eyes with slightly closed.

"Liza?"

Alexander said his smile dropping. He put his hand on Eliza's shoulder and she was ice cold, then everything hit in realization, "Oh my god..."

•---time skip---•

Alexander was sitting in a hospital room holding his son in his arms, as tears fell down his cheeks. So many emotions were going through his body, saddness, grief, joy, pride and so much more.

A nurse walked into the room holding a pen and a note board, as she walked in she acknowledged Alexander and walked over to him. "You must be Mr. Hamilton, first off I want to say my deepest apologizes for your wife, she was a lucky women. But as for your son, he is all healthy, and I was wondering what you would like to name him?" The nurse asked Alexander.

Alexander didn't want to think about Eliza, at least not right at this moment. He and Eliza had talked about a name for their child for some time and agreed on the name Philip for a boy and the name Angelica for a girl.

More tears started to fall from his eyes as he thought of Eliza, "Philip..." Alexander finally said not taking his eyes off of his sleeping son.

The nurse nodded her head and wrote something down on her note board and then walked out of the room.

After what felt like hours Philip was starting to wake up and opened his eyes sleepily, and looked at Alexander smiling. That's when the first sob came out of Alexander and he covered his mouth with his free hand. More and more tears started falling down his face and he didn't care anymore.

Philip, his son, had his mother's eyes and her smile, he was beautiful and Alexander felt more pride in that moment. Alex took his hand away from his mouth and wrapped it back around Philip, bringing him closer to his face placing a loving kiss on his forehead.

Alexander looked at his son, and he felt joy. He smiled back at Philip and for a second he could feel Eliza standing next to him and whispering how much of a wonderful dad he will be. That might sound cliche but he heard and felt her next to him, earning another sob from Alexander.

Alexander was all over the place at this point and he looked like a mess as well but what do you expect from someone who just lost their wife and gained a child, it's an emotional roller-coaster for everyone.

He had tear stains coming down his face, he had bags under his eyes from working all the time, his hair was in tangles, and his clothes didn't smell the best either. But he didn't care too much about himself at the moment, he just wanted to hold onto his son and never let go.

"I'm never going to let anything happen to you Philip...I am going to protect you with all my power, even if that means not looking after myself...I want to give you the best life and I'll do whatever it takes, I promise I'll make the world safe and sound for you....no matter what it takes, even if I make a million mistakes, I will dedicate everything for you and your future...your going to blow us all away some day..."

Well that's the prologue! How was it? I have never made a story with chapters before, neither a prologue so give me critique, it'll be greatly appreciated ^^

I also have big plans for this and I'm really excited for everything! I hope you enjoy it as much as I will!

I am going to be updating it every Saturday
[Well trying to update it :/]

Anyway Happy Reading!

-Naviti signing off