chapter 2

It has only been nearly two weeks since Bucky had fallen off the train.  Steve has been breaking down from losing his best friend.  Evelyn Eberle was his new partner.  He wasn't sure about having her as a partner, being awkward around girls and all.  The two wear nearly as good as partner as him and Bucky where.  She saved his hind a few times, and he returned the favor, sometimes by knocking a guy out, or getting her dinner.

        Evelyn had blond hair was was nearly white.  It was always up in the bun due to rules and regulations.  Her eyes are a bright gold which seemed like she had the sun in her eyes.  She was never scared of getting into a fight, she welcomed them.

        She was one of the very few women in the army.  He knew there were other women, but he only knew of Peggy Carter, and Evelyn.  He's always wanted to know how she managed to get in, but it was none of his business.

        Evelyn has reminded Steve of Bucky a lot.  Friendly, but rough when it was needed.  He isn't sure why they made her his partner, he still has his team.  She doesn't follow orders very well either, nothing has happened to them because of it, but he is afraid that it will eventually.

        The twp of them started training together, she didn't know much so he taught her all that he knew.  Some tricks and stunts that will fool nearly anyone that doesn't know the trick as well.

        He was surprised how quickly she would catch on to everything.  She was nearly a perfect soldier.  He only wished he could teach her to follow orders.

        The two where on a mission alone when some things took a turn for the worst.

        A group of soldier we're being held behind enemy lines, and Steve refused to let them stay there, and for the rescue party to be "Winning The War".

        Steve told Evenlyn to not come along with him after her told her what he was planning on doing.  She had caught him packing a few things and wouldn't leave him alone until he told her what was going on.

        He knew that should would follow him anyway.  There was no way she'd let her partner go on a suicide mission by himself.  They waited til night fall to leave base.  No one else knew about their plans.  At least they never told anyone.

        Steve had taken a motor cycle and they both took it far out into the woods before starting it.  They didn't want to alarm anyone.  Steve got on the bike first with Evelyn behind him.

        She felt weird about putting her arms around his waist to hold on, so she made him keep his shield on his back and grabbed onto the edges of that as they drove.

        They had gotten to the base hours later.  It was the next day and the sun was setting.  They had actually thought that it would have taken it longer to get there.  But now they have to walk nearly a mile, since they are leaving the bike behind so they don't attract any attention.  

        A few days ago, Steve and his team were sent to a base to take down, which they had done successfully only to get back to their own base to hear that the other line of men sent to what they thought as a small base had all been captured, besides the handful of men that escaped to tell them what happened.

        It wasn't a small base at all.  Steve and Evelyn got to the base as soon as the moon was high in the sky.  It was nearly a full moon, so it gave them enough light to see where they were going.

        There's a makeshift wall around the whole base, with barbwire at the base and the peak of the wall.  They know they won't be able to go in though the front with this one, but with any of the side entrances they would be hard to get by as well.  Suddenly they hear people coming though the trees.  They look around for a place to hide but the bushes aren't thick enough.  They decide to climb.

        A few of what seems to be guards are walking though the woods.  Probably a perimeter check.  There were only three of them.

        Steve told Evelyn not to attack them or anything, but would she listen?  Of course not.  She shot down two quickly.  The one left looked up into the tree where Evelyn is and was about to fire at her, when Steve dropped down on the guy and knocked out.  Evelyn  jumps down and walks over to him.

        ''Can't you listen to orders for once!'' he tries being quite, but really wants to yell at her.  "I tell you to do one simple thing and you fail to follow my order!"

        "I have an idea on how to get ourselves in there, Rogers!'' she isn't necessarily angry, but since he's nearly yelling at her its making her want to yell at him.  He gives her a stern look, glaring at her.  His blue eyes glowed brightly out in the moonlight.  Then he gives her a look to indicate that he wants to hear her plan.  "Dress up as one of these guards, and take me in as a prisoner.  Say that you caught me along the perimeter snooping around.  It will be a lot easier than trying to sneak out way in."

        The plan isn't bad.  He goes along with it.  He puts the guards uniform over his own, and puts on the mask  "I feel ridiculous in this."

        "Good, cause you look it too," he lets out a sigh and decides to take the mask off until they were fully ready.  While he was putting it on she was making her uniform look dirty like she was in the dirt.  She also cuts her cheek to make it look like she was fighting him to get away.  Her hair is a mess, she added dirt to her hair so it looked like she fell.  "Do I look beat up enough or does the uniform need to be torn?"

        "It should be fine.  Most people don't exactly expect a woman good at fighting, so we could say you went down easy," her could see her rolling her golden eyes.  "Turn around.  I found some rope to tie your hands with."

        She turns around and lets him tie her hands together.  "Okay, are we ready?" Steve puts the Hydra mask back on and nods.