Chapter 8 , "For Esther..."

Terry looked at Jones. Having someone else saying it had reassured him. He wasn't going crazy. But the mystery remained whole. She had red hair... and she probably dyed them... Her eyes colours, they were bleu, because Candy had emerald green eyes. The freckles... a good foundation could hide them and the accent... Everything was almost perfect, except for her laugh... she didn't think about her laughter... He now understood the attraction he felt in her presence.

- What are you going to do? Asked Jones, are you going to confront her and tell her you know it's her?

Terry remained silent for a long time before he answered:

- No...

- No? Come one! Why?

- She came here for a reason. I want to know that reason...

- She wants to spend time wth her daughter...

- So why didn't she just simply ask to speak to me? Why all this comedy?

- Well you'll have to ask her...

- No... I want to find out what she wants first...

- Terry...

- Esther prays for her mother's return every nights...

- Looks like God granted her prayer...

- Looks like it as a matter of fact...

- If you really believe it's devine intervention, everything should be fine.

- It's her daughter too, don't forget about that... She could've taken and left with her while we were on the business trip...

- She could've indeed... Maybe she changed her mind, or she wants Esther to get used to her... in any case, I'm no going to let her take my daughter!

- Terry... it's Candy. I know how much you were hurt when she left with out a word... You should talk to her. You have a child together.

- Esther...

- Wants her mommy, you can give her the best Christmas present by giving her not only a mommy, but her real mommy.

- Jones, you're going to fast, I need to think...

- What are you going to do?

- Don't worry about that. But I'm going to ask you not to tell your wife Ashley please.