Chapter 5 "The confrontation"

She was a little afraid. She had to remember that Terry didn't recognize her. She called her mother.

– Are you all right?

– Mum, Terry came back...

– Calm down, tell yourself that he doesn't know who you are...

– He said I remind him of someone...

– He can't recognize you... everything is going to be fine! When are you talking to him?

– In an hour...

– it's going to be fine. You can do it! You're the daughter of the great Eleonor baker!

– Thanks for your encouragements mum.

She was nervous and decided to go for a walk, she wen t out. She put on her boots and her coat and she went outside. It was very dark. An icy wind was blowing. She went up the hill behind the house, her feet were making noises on the snow garden by the frost. It was cold so she could think calmly. She walked only for half an hour. It was the first time she saw Terry since their last fight. He had left for a trip, she got sick and had the baby,... How much she missed him during that time. Seeing Terry again had bothered her more than she was willing to admit. He still had that power over her. As angry as she was, she wanted to curled up in his arms!

"No, no, no Candy! Stop it! You hate him, remember?" She Said to herself.

Her head was telling her she hated him but her heart was saying... no, she didn't want to know what her heart was saying. She hated Terry who had lied to her! He had hidden the existence of her daughter! He must've really hate her to do something so cruel. How much she wanted to go see him and hit him with all her strength ... But she couldn't. She couldn't risk Terry getting rid of her again... she had the support of her father, but she didn't want to separate from her daughter. So she was going to put up with the situation until she finds a solution. Did Terry recognize her? He said she reminded him of someone? Did he have an unconscious seed planted? Well, she'll see after their conversation. While she was going back to her room, she knew she was right to take that walk. Her fears had vanished...

She tied her hair in a severe tight up do. Her blue contact lenses were on, she added her fake tainted glasses she wore for the illusion. She put on a gray skirt, she was wearing gray, all over, maybe she will be unnoticed.

Candy had never been to Terry's office. She was alone for a little while and she looked at the room waiting his arrival. All the walls were in clear wainscoting. On one side there was a chimney, on the other side there was a bookshelf full of books. A few armchairs, a desk in oak looking severe with an computer on top of it with a flat screen, a keyboard and a printer/scanner. A great sound system, a television set, a DVD player, Blue Ray player completed the furniture. There was a warmth coming from the whole thing, which didn't exist in the master bedroom. This office was more like the Terry she had known.