Chapter Two -The Cauldron

I stood dumbfounded as I marveled at the bright StarFire plant. I gently used my hands to scoop it up and placed it in the jar. I scurried to my tent and pushed the flap open.

"I have it, Blossom!" I beamed at my black cat. She gazed at me with her saphire eyes and meowed. "Good girl!" I tossed a chunk of fish at her feet. I moved on and shoved a bunch of potions off a shelf and gingerly placed the jar on display. I checked on the cauldron, and was pleased to find it had turned a shade of bright orange. I pranced around the tent squealing as I added some final touches.

"Oh Dragonfly wings would make it faster!" I said adding some to the mix. The liquid sizzled and hissed as it turned a color of green. I sang a little song as I mixed the potion with a thick metal spoon.

"When you've bungled all your bangles and your loved ones have been mangled listen to the jingle jangle of my Gypsy tambourine," Blossom hopped up on a stool and curiously watched. "'Cause these chords are hypnotizing and the whole worlds harmonizing so please children stop your crying and just sing along with me!" The cauldron crackled an fizzed. I watched in awe as it swirled to a shade of blue and purple.

"Almost there!" I declared rushing to the shelf. "Right where I left you," I chirped to the jar of StarFire. "It's show time." I opened the jar and plucked the leaves off one by one. The plant shriveled and died at the loss of its leaves. I sprinkled them in. Suddenly the steaming potion hissed and popped. Smoke filled the tent as I coughed hard. When the smoke cleared, there was a gleaming broom stick lying in front of the cauldron.

"Engardium Rolas." I whispered. The broom stick glided into the air.