Chapter 2

Claire POV

"Haha, your joking right", I ask giving him a are you kidding me look.

"I see your mother hasn't  raise you right", he said giving me a disgusted look.

"Dear sir you do not get a say in how I was raised, whom raised me or what I behave has", i said about to walk away.

"Think, dear about your decision before you make a move, this is a big opportunity for you and your pathetic family, so I suggest you meet me at my house before the clock strike twelve or I promise you, your life will turn to hell", he said before walking away, i don't know if my father is a good man but he kinda scares me I mean moving in a mansion with a man I so very much hate is not the right thing to right now, I'm pretty sure I'll kill him if I had the chance.

"Good morning miss Kelly", i said walking into the shop.

"Oh good morning dear", she said giving me a hug, "how's your mother?"

"She's fine", i said setting my things down on a stool.

"Well good to hear,oh before I forgot there's a stock of bread over the counter ,can you be so kind dear and deliver them to the Johnson's down the street,she ask with her dazzling smile,I always look up to miss Kelly she was always so positive about anything that is happening around her and she's a very brave woman,taking up the stock of bread I went on my way to the Johnson, I've always envied the Johnsons, I mean Mr and Mrs Johnson have been married for the past thirty years and they have such a beautiful daughter, her names Madeline, she was always the girl to get every boys attention,now she's engaged to one of the most wealthiest man in this town,I've always dream about meeting my true love one day,he would be the best man any woman could ask for,a real gentleman he would be..my train of thoughts was interrupted when I saw Madeline running towards me with a tear stain face.

"Oh I'm so sorry Claire,such catastrophe you must be so devastated, she said crushing me in a bone crushing hug,while sobbing on my shoulder,after a few minutes she pulled away with red puffing eyes.

"Aren't you sad Claire",she ask searching my face with a confuse expression.

"About what Madeline", I ask confused.

"Oh dear",she said with a pitiful expression on her face,come inside Claire,following her towards her mansion I couldn't get the feeling that something bad happened out of my head.

She lead me to a small table in the living room,where there was a lot of expensive silver wear, sitting down she poured me some tea before taking a seat herself.

So what do you want to tell me,I ask impatiently and concern I saw her take a deep breath before closing her eyes.

"Well,I um you see Claire,I don't think this is my place to tell, but I'm sure your mother will break the news to you,and you see sometimes I kinda like to go out of proportion with my action because of the pregnant hormones and i-"

"Your pregnant", I ask shocked.

"Yes I am but don't tell Charles, I want to break it to him tomorrow on his birthday",she said with a big smile,it must be nice to be rich and marrying the love of your life maybe one day I'll be walking in that same shoes.

"Ah,I better get back to work before I start to make miss Kelly worry",I said smoothing down my old dress before getting up.

"Oh Claire,I would like to give you something",she said stopping me in my tracks,following her through the huge hall we came upon a big brown door with golden handles,how rich are these people.

"Here you go",she said returning from the small closet in the room,my eyes widen at what she was giving me,a dress,wait not just any dress it was beautiful,it was red and it flowed out elegantly, it reminded me of a princesses dress.

"I,I can't take this", I said refusing it.

"Don't worry Claire I insist,and it is my gift to you",she said determinly. 

"Thank you", I mumbled as she placed the dress in a small bag and handed it to me she gave me a huge smile before she walked me back to the exit.

"Bye",I said before going on my way back to the store.

Reaching the store I saw miss Kelly bawling her eyes out,running up to I clutched her shoulders before giving her a worried look.

"My George!, my sweet George is gone", she said sobbing on my shoulder,at the mention of her sons name, my mind went to my brother Marco,they were in the war,taking a step away from miss Kelly,I sprinted off to my  home,oh god I hope Marcos oh,god please let him be ok,reaching home I saw my mother in the garden watering the plants.

"Mother", I said running up to her at the noise of my voice and what I saw broke my heart, her face was all pale and it looked like she was crying her eyes,it even looked like she grew ten years older.

"Oh Claire",she said before engulfing me in a hug,a tear escape my eye as I herd her sobbing on my shoulder, after a few moment she pulled away and she fave me a pitiful look.

"Claire Marco, Marco didn't make it", she said and at the realization of her words I fell to my knees in a loud cry.

*********************
Yay!,I finally finished the second chapter,I really hope you guys are enjoying this so far because I really enjoyed writing it and all my other books,so that's it and don't forget to check out my other works.

You can follow me on instagram@allyberryallyana107