Chapter seventeen

Jayden's P.O.V

"Come on Mark we are gonna be late!" I tried to hurry him up, but if anything he went even slower.

Today I'm going in for an ultrasound, and I'm so excited to hear my baby's heartbeat.

I stomped back into the house and was about to flip a switch at Mark, until I saw that he was right at the door, with a sandwich in hand.

"What's that for? Why would you make a sandwich?! If we are late because you were making-" he cut me off by telling me it was for me.

"You haven't eaten my love, and don't forget you need to look after this big boy, or girl." He kissed me softly on the forehead and gave me the sandwich.

I look down at my big belly, it's very beautiful but ugly at the same time, I'm fat. And I don't like it. And I've noticed Mark being a bit more distant then usual. Maybe it's because I'm getting fatter...

"Mark do you think I'm ugly now... because I'm fat?" I blurted out while he was driving.

"What?! No baby, not at all. I think you are still so so beautiful, and your belly just makes you all the more beautiful. And just think soon, very soon we'll have a beautiful baby, just like you." He moved one of his hands off of the steering wheel to grab my own.

"Okay...... then why have you been so distant lately?"

"I just want to give you, your space, so you don't feel overwhelmed. Because I know sometimes I can get a tad on the clingy side.." he trailed off with a chuckle.

"A tad on the clingy side? Yeah okay love." I laughed out, and soon enough he started to laugh along as well.

"Oh come on, I'm not THAT bad. Am I?"

"Babe you wouldn't let me go pee because you wanted cuddles, and on that same day you wouldn't let my hand go at all when we went grocery shopping. so sure "not that bad"."

"Yeah well shhhhh." He giggles

I love when he gets like this, he's so adorable sometimes! Actually he's always adorable, even when he's mad at me... which isn't very often.

We pulled up to the hospital, and now I'm nervous, what if there's no heartbeat, what if the baby is unwell, what if...

My thoughts are cut short as I feel Mark squeeze my hand, he gave me a soft knowing smile.

"It's okay baby, I'm having the same thoughts, but I know it's going to be okay, we've felt him or her kick before, and I know the baby is going to be healthy. So let's go hear this little baby's heartbeat and see how big they are." He always knows how to comfort me.

We walk in together and up to the front desk, the nurse at the front desk looked at us weirdly when we said we are here for an ultrasound, but she didn't say anything which I'm thankful for.

Soon Sonya came walking out with a wide smile on her face.

"Heya guys, how are we going? Ooo I see your baby bump has gotten bigger Jayden! how far along are we now, 28 weeks?" She said cheerfully.

"Hey Sonya, we are good thanks, and yes he has gotten a bit bigger. and yes, not long now!" Mark answered with a fond look in his eyes, as he glanced over me.

"Alright well let's get you into my office, and put into a hospital gown, so we can begin!"

We walked down many halls and came to a stop in front of a pastel purple door. Once we stepped inside I was hit with the smell of candy and pastel colours everywhere. A little boy came running out of another door and straight to Sonya's legs, hugging tightly.

"So sorry, I had to bring my precious son with me to work today. I hope you don't mind."

"It's totally fine, I understand that you have a life outside of work, and sometimes family just needs to come first." I slowly crouch down, holding onto Marks hand for balance.

"Hiya buddy I'm Jayden! What's your name?" The little boy slowly peeked his head out from behind his mums legs and whispered, "I'm Nathan."

"Well it's lovely to meet you Nathan!" Nathan smiles up at me then runs back into the room he came from.

"Omg he's so adorable! How old is he? Ugh I can't wait until our baby is born hunny!" I gushed to daddy.

"He's 3, nearly 4. Alright Jayden please get changed into this and then we can get started." Sonya handed me the dreaded gown and I trudged off to the bathroom to get changed.

I swear Sonya's office is her home. She's very professional but also not at the same time. She's the only doctors I've been to that has a pastel theme to it, and that actually has a sent other then medical shit that smells gross.

I waddle back out and go lay on the hospital bed, that's one thing that isn't different, the uncomfortableness of hospital beds.

"Alright, I'm just gonna put some gel on your stomach, and then I'm gonna use the wand to find your little baby." I shiver at the coldness of the gel, and take Marks hand.

Mark looks at me with tears in his eyes as we hear the little heartbeats come through the monitor.

"Wait..." I look over to doctor Sonya and she's got the widest smile on her face.

——       ——        ——      ——

Heya guys, I know I've been low key dead. And I apologise to everyone for doing this to you. But I also want to thank all the people and readers who have stuck by me! It seriously means a lot. Also I just wanna mention I absolutely love reading all your comments. I read every single one and most if not all make me smile. Just one more also I apologise for the shorter chapter, it's just over a 1000 words, so a very small chapter. xx -sky💖♥️💖