Rose, seeing Jack watching her sister and the Doctor with a curious look, decided to jump in then, "He said it was a warship. He stole it, parked it somewhere out there, somewhere a bomb's going to fall on it unless we make him an offer."

"You dropped a warship in the middle of London?!" Mei shrieked in outrage, "What the hell is the matter with you?!"

Jack backed up quickly, seeing the rage on the young brunette's face, and nervously smiled, "Does it matter? It's got nothing to do with this."

Huffing, the Doctor dropped Mei's hand to approach the man, pointing at the patients, "This started at the bomb site. It's got everything to do with it. What kind of warship?"

"An ambulance!" Jack snapped, huffing himself as he brought up a hologram on his wrist device, "Look." Mei and Rose edged forward to see as well, "That's what you chased through the Time Vortex. It's space junk. I wanted to kid you it was valuable. It's empty. I made sure of it. Nothing but a shell. I threw it at you. Saw your time travel vehicle, love the retro look, by the way, nice panels-"

"Hey!" Mei exclaimed, narrowing her eyes, "That's our girl you're talking about, you watch your mouth!"

He continued, "Threw you the bait-" only for Rose to interrupt him this time.

"The Bait? You were baiting us?"

Jack groaned, throwing his hands in the air, "I wanted to sell it to you and then destroy it before you found out it was junk."

"Oh, so you're a con man then?" Mei asked, crossing her arms, "Get some money out of us then destroy the ship before we realise we've been had? Let me guess, you choose all the different world disasters and pass it off as - as dumb luck or something then make off with the money?"

"Okay, you're far too smart to be a time agent," he commented warily, eyeing Mei, "No one has ever caught onto me before, who are you three?"

"Just a couple more freelancers," Rose smirked, looping her arm through Mei's, "Incredibly smart ones."

"Oh. Should have known," Jack huffed, "The way you guys are blending in with the local colour. I mean, Flag Girl was bad enough," he gestured to Rose who gave an offended squawk, then to the Doctor, "but U-Boat Captain?"

The Doctor looked down at his jumper, "Always this jumper," he muttered, almost pouting.

"And you," Jack gestured to Mei, though took his time dragging her eyes down her, "Okay i can't really complain, digging the whole supermodel thing, but totally not local style. Anyway, whatever's happening here has got nothing to do with that ship."

"Super model?" Mei squinted down at herself, earning a giggle form Rose.

"Told you," she teased with a tongue-in-teeth grin, "It's the heels."

"Shut up," the brunette muttered, nudging her still grinning sister.

The blonde then turned to the Doctor, who was also grinning, but trying not to show it, "What is happening here, Doctor? Can you explain it for me since i'm assuming Mei already knows?"

He sobered up immediately, "Human DNA is being rewritten by an idiot. Some kind of virus converting human beings into these things. But why? What's the point?"

"Why does there have to be a point?" Mei asked, scrunching her nose slightly, "It's an alien ambulance, it's to heal people. Constantine said it landed on that boy, Nancy's brother, and he was dead 'AT FIRST'. Meaning it brought him back to life, so . . . maybe it's trying to save them?"

"How is any of this saving them?" Rose asked, looking around.

The brunette shrugged, "I dunno, but if it's alien, who is to say it's seen humans before, so how is it supposed to know what we're like?"

Before the Doctor could comment, actually seeing a lot of sense in what Mei was saying, the patients all around the room sat up. It had been so sudden, that Rose and Mei had both jumped back with startled noises, grasping at each other.

"Mummy. Mummy. Mummy? Mummy?" the patients began chanting, climbing out of bed to approach the four of them.

"What's happening?" the blonde asked as she, her sister and the two men backed up, not realising they were driving themselves into a corner.

"I don't know," The Doctor replied, reaching his hand back to find Mei's. She took it with her free hand, clasping tight.

"Mummy."

Remembering Nancy's words, the Doctor quickly warned Rose and Jack, "Don't let them touch you."

"Going to regret this," Rose muttered, "But what happens if they touch us?"

"Well, that," Mei replied, gesturing to the patients, "You become like them, like . . ." she drifted off in realisation.

"What, what is it?" Jack asked, looking at the brunette, "What do you know?"

"Children looking for their mummies," she mumbled, staring at the gas mask covered faces. "Children, you become a little kid."

"Help me, mummy. Mummy. Mummy. Mummy. Mummy. Mummy. Mummy."

"They want a mummy," Rose blinked, then grinned, shoving Mei forward, "Go on, do it, like you did with me, do it!"

"What? No!" Mei cowered back, only for Rose to shove her forward again while the Doctor and Jack watched in confusion, "I was only thinking aloud!"

"Oh shut up and do it!" 

Glancing at Rose, Mei huffed then put her hands on her hips, looking down at the patients with her disapproving look. The look she always gave Rose as a child when the blonde did something bad.

"Enough!" She barked, causing the patients to stop moving, stop talking. They just stood there, looking at her, "That is enough! Stop this nonsense!"

They hung their heads, and the Doctor gave Rose a confused look, the blonde just giggled and whispered, "That look used to terrify me when i was a kid."

"And how do we get them to back off?" Jack asked, just as quiet.

Mei gulped, then spoke again, her voice still strong, "It is bed time, go back to your room! Go on! Bed, now! Before i get cross!"

And to the surprise of Jack, the Doctor and the Tyler sisters, the patients actually retreated to their beds. Once they were lying down, no longer moving, Mei let out a sigh and dropped to her knees.

"Oh my god i can't believe that worked."