Chapter 1: Day In The Life Of Miss. Popular

riley
                                                                chapter 1: day in the life of miss. popular

I stood before the red painted school doors with my best friends, Zoe at my right and Paulina at my left. I always had to mentally prepare for what would expect me when I walked in. I pushed the doors open and walked in, Zoe and Paulina following in tow. For a second, everything was quiet as I started towards the hall but then the silence erupted into whispers.

"Look.. It's her!"
"She's so pretty."
"I envy her."

You may think that this type of school entrance followed by whispers is all just in movies, but no, it happens. I had gotten used to the whispers by now, I had heard them since basically the beginning of the year. I guess I was always a eye candy to everyone. But before, they would scare the living shit out of unpopular, tiny, little me.

"Wow.. She's so pretty."

I wasn't sure if it was just my head, but I was pretty sure I was hearing whispers, and maybe once again my mind was trying to deceive  me by making me think everyone was talking about me. Like how maybe my outfit was bad, or how my hair could've looked like a birds nest, or how my makeup might've looked like I used products from Dollar Tree.

"People are whispering, maybe it's just my mind but I feel like it could be about me. People also keep looking at me, do I look bad?" I asked, watching their expressions for any change and chance of lying.

"No, you look fabulous, it'll be ok!" Zoe said, slowly fading into whisper yelling.

"Yea, don't worry girl!" Paulina exclaimed much louder then Zoe.

I sighed and smiled half heartedly, not really believing them.

"Are you sure they aren't making fun of me?" I asked.

"No, it'll be ok. If they are making fun of you I'll break every bone in their body." Zoe said, finishing her sentence with a growl. I looked at her with a odd expression.

"Woah, calm down there." I said, chuckling.

"Sorry, but it's the truth." Zoe deadpanned as she fixed a strand of blonde hair behind her ear.

"Zoe, dear, you're too young to go to jail." Paulina pointed out, giggling.

"True, and my parents would kill me." Zoe added.

I laughed, pulling Zoe in close to me and rubbing my fist into her blonde hair.

"And how could I live without my best friend?"

I was focusing on Zoe but out of the corner of my eye I could see Paulina looking down and twirling a strand of her thick brown hair around her finger, tapping her foot on the ground. It was quite odd, if you ask me.

"Riley? Riley? Earth to Riley...!?" Zoe pestered, waving her hand in my face. I came back to reality and turned my head to Zoe, playing a confused look on my face. I saw Paulina close her locker out of the corner of my eye, and she turned to me and Zoe and half heartedly smiled before pointing to History and walking away.

"You zoned out for a hot minute, what were you thinking about?" Zoe asked, gripping my wrist and pulling me down the hallway before I could respond, and in the direction of History.