chapter 6

"What I'm going to tell you now might come as a shock. Now, forgive me your highness but I can only tell you limited information. Your siblings and uncle will tell you the rest soon, and the rest will be left for you to discover." Francesco pronounced as FranCHesco, said in a very slow and tiring manner. He took a deep breath and a long pause before he continued. " You might be wondering how you ever got here.' He said.

Among many others... I thought. I wanted to say it but all the energy in me was lost. All I could do now is listen, and make sarcastic remarks in my brain. I think it would be best to conserve my energy for more important questions.

As Francesco started to explain the incident to me, I decided it would be better to close my eyes and just listen to his voice. That way I could concentrate better on the contents of the speech and not be distracted by his constant walking to and fro.

"Your highness," he urged on.

Oh, for the love of God, enough with the "your highness"! I could not take it, its giving me tinnitus. So, in order to settle the problem I sucked all the air I could suck, and raised my hands to interrupt him. (I mean it, just my hand because lifting my whole arm was just tedious). He acknowledged my gesture and I said with much effort " enough with the your highness".

He nodded and continued.

"You were in a car accident. Apparently, the engine of the car heated up. Police investigation showed no evidence of malfunction or tampering. They say it just happened. However, we and, now, you know better. It was you who made the engine erupt."

No...really? Could it not be any more obvious? I frowned at the statement without opening my eyes. I shook my head and attempted to push my self up in bed and speak. Francesco seeing this spoke again as if knowing what I wanted to ask.

"Nobody died, if that is what you are worried about, but the driver was greatly injured. Do not worry, we have given a generous settlement for him and the others who were troubled." He stopped pacing. I could tell because there were now little footsteps to be heard. Now I can hear him pull a chair, take a deep breath, and tap the table thrice before he spoke again.

"Now, on with the important part." He said in a stern voice.

Oh, so it wasn't that one yet?

" I know for a 18 years of your existence, you have known yourself to be Marque Thompson, daughter of Geraldine Fritzgerald and Ronn Thompson, now divorced. However this is not all that you are. You are an heir to a well respected but well kept lineage. You are a Boudelaire." Francesco paused, as if anticipating for my reply. But all I could ever do at that moment was open my eyes and looked straight into his. Is he serious? What does he mean that what I've known for 18 years was not all that I am?

" I understand that you are confused now but let me tell this to you this way, your parents are not your real parents. You are not their daughter."

Not their daughter? Not. Their. Daughter? How could that be? How could that happen?

I searched my brain for a plausible question to ask. Words that cold help me in finding out what the hell this person is talking about, but "How?" was all I could say.

As Francesco started to explain again, I looked intently at him. He was rubbing his temples hard now. Like explaining everything to me was stressful. Why wouldn't it be? I was not the one doing the explanation and I'm stressed out.

" I'm afraid that part would be explained by your siblings." He answered.

"Siblings?"

" Yes, you have six."

Six?... six... I have known 2 sisters, and they are quite a handful, but six? Six?

Francesco, sensing that no reply would be coming from me, continued.

" Joseph is the eldest, he is currently out on a business trip but he is on top of your situation."

My situation... I frowned.

" Lena, you should meet Lena, she is the eldest of you girls. She is currently out of the country for a medical mission. She was already informed and sent her regards to you. She says she will be back as soon as she can"

Hmmmm... I bit my lower lip.

" Tom is the 3rd child. We could not reach him for the time being, but we have already sent word."

By the third sibling, I couldn't help but wonder, how my life is gonna be with these people. They seem to be in different places, and never really meet. Is this the life I am about to get. If this life truly exists and not just a joke made for T.V. am I willing to live it or will I leave it?

" Karmen, is on a plane coming here right now. She is very excited to meet you and sent her "kisses" I believe is the exact word."

Kisses...maybe she's the jolly type. I shrugged.

" Then you have the twins, John and Kelvin. They might come as a shock to you but everything will be explained soon. They are in their rooms right now resting but they will meet you for dinner."

Come as a shock? Would anything come as a shock to me after all that happened in the past couple of...wait how long have I been here?

"How long have I been here?" I meant to ask Francesco but my eyes automatically looked at Adan. Doctor Adan who had sat there quietly for the past hour just listening to me and Francesco talk. I could not help it. I trusted the guy.

He smiled at me with his gorgeous smile and answered" 3 days...and counting".

3 days? 3 days? How is it possible that I have been here for 3 days... and counting if I may quote the doctor. Weren't my parents, my ex, fake parents to add to that, looking for me? I wanted to scream, to move out of bed, but the drug was very potent. I stayed calm with much revolt.

" My parents?" I asked again, now looking weary and worried.

" They passed away" Francesco replied right away.

My eyes bulged, now no amount of drug was ever going to stop me fro panicking. " How? How, did it happen," I asked now attempting to get out of bed. I was too weak and got dizzy. Good thing though, Doctor Adan caught me at the right moment.

As he was assisting me back to the most comfortable bed I've ever laid on. He looked at Francesco and said " I think she meant her non-bio parents."

"Oh! Pardon me, your highness. I though, well, I," Francesco searched for words. He was quite embarrassed by what just happened. "Anyways they are fine. They have been informed that you are in a health facility and convalescing from all your burn injuries. They know that you would not be back for 2 months or so." Francesco managed to compose himself again, and bid me goodbye. He said that he had to prepare for the evening's dinner and quite frankly, I also wanted to be alone to think of things.

Doctor Adan, too, bid me goodbye. He said he will be checking on me from time to time and that the medicine he gave me will wear off in a few minutes. And also that everything will be fine. I think that he is really kind.