My Fable

I wake up screaming...again. I peel off the sticky sheets and put some fresh clothes on. Sleeping is not an option. Not with the nightmares. Living on the outskirts of Bowerstone Market is the best option, though, because I have no neighbors to bother with my screams. 

I look out my window and realize if I don't leave now, I'll be late for work at the Cow and Corset (a pub/inn). I grab an apple for an on-the-go breakfast. I grab my knife and gun and holster them in my belt. Then I put a sweater on to cover my weapons. 

Don't get me wrong, my job is not dangerous. In fact it's probably the safest job I could have, which is why I hate it. I only keep weapons with me because it took me a long time to get to where I am, and I've made quite a few enemies on my way. 

I run out of my house, and push my way through crowds of people, earning some dirty looks. I just give them my signature smirk with an evil look in my eyes saying "if you value your life, you'll get the f*ck outta my way". 

I get to work just in time, and my boss, Bill, gives me 'the look'. It's the look that says "Just one more time...if you're late just one more time...". I just smile at him "Don't bother with the look, boss. You and I both know you like me too much." I say with a wink. Don't take that too seriously. I'm not attracted to him. I'm just what people call a flirt. A cynical, evil, flirt and everyone knows it. 

" Just get to work" he says with a laugh, which makes him look decades younger. Bill is 44 - twenty years older than me - and has brown eyes framed with brown glasses. His greasy brown hair is pulled into a ponytail, and bald at the top. I mock salute him and get to work. I put some more effort into my work today, as this will probably be my last shift here. 

I'm leaving Bowerstone as soon as possible because I came too far for this to be all my life has led up to. For me to live low profile working minimum wage at a pub, is a waste of all I have been through, all I have worked for. I have no idea where I'm going or what I'm doing, but I know Bowerstone isn't where I need to be. 

Well, I do have some idea. I'm going to Bloodstone to find and work for Reaver. Getting there won't be easy, because I have to pass through many dangerous places, including Wraithmarsh, to get there. But believe me, I can more than protect myself. Ask anyone. I'm dangerous. Especially if someone gets on my bad side. But the people for the most part stay out of my way. 

Anyways, Reaver is a pirate captain. But he's not your typical pirate. He has captured hundreds of ships by taking out the captain with a single bullet. Reaver is good with a gun. Actually, that is a complete understatement. Reaver is the best shot since, well, ever.. 

I don't need to have met him to know lots about him. For starters, he is a greedy, corrupt, narcissist with a sex addiction. But that means he has money, and any job would pay better than mine. He lives in the largest house in Bloodstone. He is rumored to be perhaps the sexiest man in Albion, but I'll have to see for myself. 

My guess is that he already has people doing all the jobs he doesn't want. So either I need to kill someone, think of a job I can do, or do a little bit of both. There is one job I can do quite easily. Reaver has been the same age as long as anyone can remember. The only way that is possible, is because the king of shadows let it happen. I had a brief encounter with the shadow court before, so my guess is he needs to sacrifice someone else's youth so he can retain his.  

I doubt any of his men are able to do that. They probably are unable to get to the shadow court located in Wraithmarsh. And they probably wouldn't convince anyone to go with them and sacrifice their youth. I could do that, but, the job probably needs to be done once a year or so, so I would need a more convincing argument to make him hire me.

I finish work and take my time going home. People are staring at me, but that's nothing new. There are a couple of ways people look at me. Most it's fear, hatred, or resent. But I also have a lot of stares filled with lust and desire and longing. 

Most of the women in Albion are the same. All needy houswives or traders or boring noblewomen. But not me. If I hadn't raised myself since I was 13 I probably would be more like them, and just like my mom. Fortunately my entire family is dead, and I am better off without them.

Like Reaver, I have a bit of an ego. Ok, I have a pretty big ego. But that's ok, it goes with my image. Its safe to say that I am probably the most lusted after woman of Albion. I have long, shaped legs and a perfect figure. My soft, dark brown hair is as dark as brown can be without being black. There are natural lighter brown highlights that bring out the golden flecks in my hazel green eyes. My hair is long with natural big soft waves that go down to the end of the back strap of my bra.

I consider myself lucky;most of the women in Albion are like the same person. They all look like they could be related. If they let their hair down (literally) they could be more unique with style. Also, I bathe more than most people of Albion do, because I tend to do more physical activities. Plus when I kill something, like hobbes, I get the blood on me and i just have to wash. 

I get back inside my house and find a bag to put some of my stuff in. I can't bring everything, and I'm bringing minimal clothes because if this job pays as well as I hope I will be able to buy tons more. If it doesn't than I will do other jobs around Bloodstone on top of this one, but I'm not coming back. Or if I am, I'm not coming back to stay. It would be to get the rest of my things if I want them. 

In my bag is a pair of pants, shorts, and a shirt. I also packed a hairbrush and a couple of clips. I put my songbook and a pen in the bag last and put my bag under my bed. I am leaving first thing in the morning. Tomorrow I start my journey to Bloodstone. Tomorrow I leave my life in Bowerstone behind.

***************

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hi so if ur reading this, thanks for checking out my story! It is based on the Fable video games by Lionhead Studios. I OWN NOTHING!!!! except for the main girl (who i made up myself). i will try to keep the characters like they are in the games. Bill is actually the barman in the game i was playing when i started this and that is what he looked like. Also if you haven't played fable i recommend it. I suggest you go online and search what its about or i could dedicate a capter to explaining it. Just ask.

I know most people skip authors notes but read this one. If ur not sure whether you like this story or not GIVE IT A CHANCE!!!!

all right im finally done now ;)