Phoenix Ashes

Out of so many people on the small blue planet called Earth, you knew the true meaning of destruction the best. It was one day in your life that haunted you. 

You were lucky to arrive on Earth after the events on your home planet, Phoenia. You were lucky to understand what life was like there too. 

Quickly being able to adapt to a planet so different from Pheonia made you so fortunate. There were so many things that blessed your life, except one. 

~Flashback (One Week Ago)~ 

Red was the only color you could see. In any given day it would, Phoenians flying busily: their red flames naturally surrounding them. But this type of red was different. 

A red that was the color of destruction and blood. All thanks to the Mad Titan- Thanos.

The only thing you could do was knell next to the bodies of your parents- in their weak human form- blood covering their faces and their golden robes. Two crowns lying beside them, leaving you the only royal Phoenian alive. 

But the mix of feelings was one you could never forget, tears rolling down your cheeks and a fire of rage burning in tourneys chest.

The moment your eyes saw him, his deep purple form walking towards you in the distance, every other feeling dissapered. His evil smirk and eyes filled with nothingness, caused you to sin one thing. 

Quickly turning into your Phoenix form, bright red and gold light swirling around you- you launched yourself towards the form of Thanos. With each meter traveled, you felt your flames burning hotter and hotter. Letting out screeches of anger from your golden beak. Your eyes stayed on his devilish ones, but it was that which confused you.

All he could do was stay still in his tracks, already with a grin of victory plastered on his face and a look of mere joy in his eyes.

When you were finally able to figure out his motives, it was too late to change your course. Your wings were moving you through the air at a speed you never imagined. Any bystander would only see a bright flash of red speeding by.

You should have thought out your plan before, not letting the anger consume you.

Thanos slowly lifted his golden gauntlet covered hand, it was all because of that. The reason he has such power. The legendary infinity stones, although he only had one, he had all the power of the Mind Stone.

The fear in your eyes melted away just as quickly as it came, and all went still. Your incredible speed stopped as you floated in the burning air. Only a force of great magic would be able to do so.

And now your mind was somewhere else, thinking through your life before this ordeal. The freedom bestowed upon you being a Phoenix. Your family and their just and happy reign over the small planet. Even the new steps you have gained in your magical training.

Although one thing stood out- the day only a week ago. A mysterious newcomer, not a Phoenian but still a Phoenix.

Him and you flying through the sky, wing tips touching, flames engulfing each other. You had never felt such a feeling before, a mix of eagerness, nervousness, and happiness.

All you could remember were his icy blue eyes, that mischievous grin which took you in like a wave.

And that was when it stopped, the memories brought back by Thanos. You couldn't remember anymore as your vision went black. Thanos has spared your life.

~Current date~

The soft bed of the Marriott Hotel was the only thing that prevented you from getting up and back to business. There were so many things that needed to be done in order to restore what Thanos has taken.

You knew you were not the only Phoenian who survived the attack by Thanos (it was said he only rid half of every population).

The only difference was that he destroyed the whole planet and relocated the rest. To this you have not yet found the answer.

But currently you were all alone in this place called New York City.

Mysteriously appearing on a foreign planet was not your first choice, but you were lucky to be versed in the culture of humans.

The recent loss of your family, your nation, and your friends, would naturally be the thing that preoccupied you the most. But it wasn't. You were now the only royal Phoenian who survived, which meant that the crown was now passed to you.

That meant you were a young queen of a nation that didn't even have their own home. You needed a plan. But a plan for what? Would you first restore hope to your people?-if you found them- would you get revenge on Thanos? Or would you forget about all responsibility? Being raised the way you were only gives you one choice, the one that would save everyone.

All this thinking was giving you a headache, and normally a peaceful flight would relax you.

Simply going out in your Phoenix form to try and find the rest of the survivors wouldn't do- the humans would take you as a threat.

The only idea you had was to find someone with power and who would understand your situation. Hoping they would be able to help or guide you.

Wouldn't that make you an optimist? Maybe.

Turning on the long black box that humans called a television, the first channel that came up was the news. Looking out of the hotel room window, you saw the vast area filled with cars bustling around and tall buildings standing like titans.

It was so different from Phoenia. Your planet had vast forests of beautiful orange and gold trees, deep silver colored seas. And your home palace, it was a giant castle made out of the finest Phox-Wood. Your planet was special, all the natural life with resistance to flames. In towns the people would walk in their human forms, travel and play in their Phoenix forms.

Each Phoenix had a special combination of colors in their wings, types of feathers, and the shape of their beak.

It was your beautiful home, no longer.

Then you heard your saving grace. The news channel showed a photo of a man, hearing his name ringed a bell in your head. Tony Stark.

Apparently he creates some sort of metallic bodysuit that allowed him to fly. You chuckled, it would not compare as flying freely.

You once read about these mortals that have found a way to use technology to their advantage, give themselves powerful tools to use against others. These were called superheroes. Normal mortals, but indeed smart ones. They had high hopes, but there was a doubt that lingered in your chest.

How could these humans even compare to the power of other beings, yourself being one of them.

You let out a small dry cough, you couldn't spend too much time as a human, of then it would be difficult go back to being a Phoenix. You could already feel your hot body temperature lowering slightly, but not to dangerous levels.

Humans couldn't produce or control fire, they couldn't manipulate matter, they would stand no chance against Thanos or any alien species if they came to Earth.

Resting your head in your hands you thought, if you were so powerful yourself, and couldn't even scratch Thanos. Who could?

Turning off the television you fix your hair as you finally decide to go exploring. Maybe you were needed by your people, but who said a lost queen can't go out and have fun.

Although you were yet to perfect your magical capabilities, you were lucky to be able to manipulate simple matter and create small objects. This came in useful since this corrupt planet depends so much on money.

Not forgetting the room card, you place it in your pocket and walk out into the fresh polluted air of the city.

————

Hello dearies! This was a simple nice background chapter, I plan on taking my time to create a wonderful plot for the story. It is slow build, but will come out (hopefully) interesting. Although do Mind any grammar or spelling errors. And trust me, the rest of the chapters will be more descriptive.

Adiós you Mewling Quims