Chapter 2

"You can come out now" he whispered, his husky voice sending tingles running down my spine. I shook myself, trying to to break eye contact. His eyes were so mesmerising, pools of violet rippling in sunlight.

I felt a strange pressure pushing down on my mind, feather light, but before I tried to think about it, it was gone. Almost involuntarily my legs took a step forward, making me pass the tree and walk into the small clearing that he was lying in. I took in the rest of his body and blushed. He was naked.

I felt his eyes still on me, making me feel self conscious of my old skinny jeans, blue converse and plain tee. Especially compared him. He had messy blonde hair that almost covered his incredible eyes, a straight nose, clear skin, and lips that made me want to lean forward and kiss them. I tried to shake myself out of it.

"I-I thought that... there was a falling star and... I came looking and you were here so..." I stuttered, eager to back away. He smiled.

"I guess you got more than you bargained for, huh. Lucky it was me, not everyone gets to witness my incredible hottness." He smirked. I scowled at him almost without realising, I hate people that are hot and know it, but boy was he hot.

wow, down girl.

'Well, I only came for the star, and since all I found was YOU I think I'm gonna leave now. You get back to what you were doing.. naked... in a forest. Have fun." I smirked back and started to head away.

"Wait!" His voice came back at him, sounding weaker than before. "I, um.. need your help getting home."

I turned and sighed. "Dude... how'd you get here?"

He attempted a pathetic smile. "I... kinda... I guess I just fell here. Oh, I mean, I guess I kinda fell into a doze and stumbled upon this place. Yeah." He looked rather pleased with himself. I sighed again, this time more dramatically. I thought hard, and was about to say no but then i felt that feather light feeling again.

'Well.. I guess I can give you a lift.." Wow, did I just say that? I never allow strange boys into my car. I recovered quickly; "but you have to promise no funny business, kay?"

"Funny business?" His brow furrowed.

"Yeah, you know... like.."

He remained confused.

"OMG! Never mind! Geez" I tried to walk away again but remember he was nude. "Um.. do you have anything to cover that?" I gestured towards his.. you know.

He laughed at me. "Do I look like I have something for.. this?" He imitated by gesture.

"Fine then, you could have just said no, you know." I pulled my backpack over my shoulder and rummaged through it, pulling out a long jacket. I hardly ever wore it, I loved the cold, but I figured you could never be too safe. "Here, take this."

I turned around to give him some privacy, and when he was done I turned around. The jacket was wrapped around his lower half, but I could still see his chiselled six pack. Wow, hope I'm not drooling.

down girl!

'Well, come on then. What are you waiting for?" I flipped my hair dramatically, hoping that he couldn't see the heat rising to my face once more. As I glanced back I saw his signature smirk plastered across his face again. I hope that wasn't a yes.

Almost too quickly I headed off, nimbly climbing my way through trees with vision that's almost as good at night as it is in the day. Guess you could say I'm a dark person. I smiled to myself.

After a few minutes of walking in silence we reached the parking lot where my car was parked. As I approached it I heard him breath out slowly in a whistle. Yeah, it usually had that effect on people. I trailed my fingers across the canary yellow of my Lamborghini Gallardo, feeling the perfectly coat steel. I liked the way people react to it, sure, but I prefered my old rusty truck, with the golden paint that's peeling away. Still, just for now, I'm glad that Dad made me take this car. I like impressing ....

I realised I didn't even know his name. "Hey," I started, turning around.

I lost my breath. He stood there, illuminated in the silver moonlight, with his hair tossed carelessly over his eyes, and light running down his flawless body.

"Hey yourself." He chuckled. I guess he was used to the reactions people give when they see him.

I forced myself to open the door, forgetting what I was going to say. "You gonna get in?" I called while putting down the window.

"Sure." He breathed, still admiring the car. Boys and their toys. I sighed.

"Sometime today maybe?"

"Right." He smiled a bewitching smile at me, making my body feel hot and cold at the same time. He got in and pulled the door shut. I started up the engine and pulled out, heading down the road that led to the main town.

"Are you sure you're old enough to drive this thing?" The snide comment came from the passenger seat (duh, where else) and I glared at him. I hated how I looked young for my age.

"Yes, thank you." I snapped. "I'm sixteen, almost seventeen in a couple of months."

"Riiiiight," he drawled. "Suuuure".

Ugh.

I glanced over at him quickly, giving him an appraising look. "How old are you, then?"

"Seventeen. Which makes me more qualified to drive this car." He looked at me hopefully.

"Yeah right! Like you're getting your paws on my baby." I'm actually starting to like this car more and more. We lapsed into silence as I concentrated on the road and he stared out the window.

"Oh!" I realised. "Where am I dropping you off?"

He looked at me startled. "Oh, umm.. here's good I guess?"

I pulled over and stared at the empty surroundings. "Here?"

"Yup." He opened the door and turned to leave.

"Wait!" I called, a thought coming to me. "You never gave me your name?"

He turned and smiled, the stars created a halo behind his head. "The name's Gabriel." And he disappeared into the night.

As I started driving once more, only one thought flitted through my mind.

He freaking stole my jacket!