Chapter 3

Sun rises and so does a girl, stretching her hands up in the air, she yawns curling her hands into a ball and flexes her body on either side.. Getting her arms back to her sides she sits still with her eyes closed for a few minutes before shouting...Good morning gauri to herself like she has been doing everyday for the past 3 years.

And it is followed by a knock on the door like it has since the past 2.5 years.... Gauri bitiya kyun roz chillati ho tum?? A woman says from the other side of the room... ( Gauri my child why did you shout??)

Getting up, tying up her hair into a messy bun, she opens the door... Kya maa?? Dhai saal se aap hume roz yehi bol rahi hain aur hum aapko roz btaate hain ki humare din ki achi shuruwaat ke liye humara good morning aur aapki shaqal dekhna humara kitna zaroori hai... Tells gauri giving her mother a side hug ( What mother? Since the past 2.5 years I have been telling you about how my good morning and seeing your face in the morning is crucial for a good start of my day.)

Aur hum bhi tumhe dhai saal se bol rahe hain ki hum darr jaate hain roz tumahri uss cheekh ke kaaran...Her mother says lightly slapping her daughter's head ( And I have also been reprimanding you against it since your loud screech scares me everyday)

Acha maa wo sab chodo aur hume naashta de do.... Office main sab humara wait kar rahe honge...Waqt pe nhn pahunche toh aapka laadla dhruv aa jayega humari class lgaane... Gauri says in a single breath ( Okay mom! Now give me my breakfast.. Everyone must be looking out for me in the office.... Your dear dhruv will be after my life if I don't reach on time)

Hume yakeen hai ki tum he kuch na kuch karti hogi pehle...warna humara dhruv bina wajah tumhe kuch he nhn sakta.... Her mother sides dhruv to which she pouts.. (I'm sure you must be the one to initiate the clumsiness, else my dhruv can never say anything to you)

Hello ladies.... Talking about me.... A young, handsome looking man enters.

Maa tumne fer se darwaaza khula rakha?? Gauri asks shocked seeing him enter whithout even ringing the door bell ( Mom you left the door ajar??)

Wo isiliye kyunki maine maa ko pehle he phone karke btaa diya tha ki main aane waala hoon The man replies while giving gauri a peck on her forehead ( That is because I had already informed maa about my visit)

Maa...zaada tang toh nhn kar rahi na yeh gauri... Asks the man while a blushing gauri hits him playfully ( Maa... I hope this gauri isn't too much of a trouble for you)

Tang he toh karti hai yeh mujhe dhruv!! Main toh intezaar main hun ki kab tum isse le jaaoge.. Gauri's mother plays along with dhruv (That is all she does dhruv! I am waiting for the day when you'll take her along)

Aapki beti ne he haan karne main itna waqt lagaaya hai maa! Hum toh kabse taiyaar the apni dulhaniya ko lejaane ke liye.... Dhruv says while looking in gauri's eyes with all the love. (Your daughter was the one to delay it ! I have been counting days to take my bride home)

Maa...Kya aap sach main humse pareshaan hain?? Kya hum bahut buri beti hain Gauri asks her mother looking away breaking away from the eyelock ( Maa.... Are you really fed up by me?? Am I a bad daughter mom?)

Seeing gauri taking all the fun words seriously, dhruv and her mother go and hug her, comforting her in their hold, they say tumhari presence se achi cheez aur kuch hai he nhn humari zindagi main... (There is nothing better than your presence in our lives)

Feeling their emotions, she tightens her hold on them; smiling through her tears she thanks her shankarji for these two treasures of her life, the two people who never fail to make her feel cherished.