bonus chapter | 35

A/n: SORRY IM DOING ANOTHER I JUST REALLY LOVE THEIR BACKSTORY AND I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD WRITE MORE OF IT JDJFJDJSKXXJ

also this goes back to when you and tyler were 16 okay enjoy

•Y/n's POV•

Basketball practice. Not for me, for Tyler of course. I would occasionally go with him to watch, and I secretly found it to be kind of boring. I hated that I had to sit on the bleachers along with other bored teenagers. I'd rather to play on the court with Tyler. It looked fun.

I had the choice of going on my phone, but I decided against it. Tyler wanted me to watch him play. That was really the whole reason why I came. So I decided to be a good friend and do what he asked of me.

And even though I was supposed to be watching him play, I was actually just watching him. I watched his toned arms whenever he shot the ball, or whenever he threw his arms behind his head. I felt so, so stupid doing this, but I just couldn't help myself from staring at his biceps.

And not just his arms. I would watch his face, how whenever he missed a shot he would bite his lip or maybe take a deep breath. I noticed how on a particularly hot day, when sweat was dripping down his face, he'd wipe it away carelessly with his wrist.

Again, I felt so stupid for doing this. He was my best friend, what was I doing looking at him this way? And although I hated to admit it... I couldn't just stop looking at him because I constantly caught myself doing it. I just felt weird about it, to say the least.

I was immediately dragged away from my thoughts when I saw him pull his black t-shirt over his head, and throw it over towards the bleachers, where I was sitting. It landed on top of my lap, and I grimaced because of how disgusting and wet it was. I quickly placed it next to me because I wasn't going to hold it any longer.

Maybe he knew that I was looking at him and he decided to take it off as a way of laughing at me. I saw that stupid smirk on his face as he threw it towards me. Sometimes, he liked to act like he was completely full of himself, and he was good at it. It was when his sarcastic side came out, and when he found it most funny to tease me.

"Staring?" A familiar voice behind me asked. I turned around, coming face to face with my brunette haired friend, Selena. I knew her from school. She was probably here because her brother was on the basketball team.

I laughed at her stupid comment. "What would I be staring at?"

"You know what I'm talking about it," she responded, stepping over the bleacher and sitting next to me. Truthfully, I did know what she was talking about. Even if I wasn't staring at him, she'd say it anyway. Anyone that Tyler and I knew shipped us together, or had some sort of theory that we liked each other. Which was completely untrue, and I had tried to make it clear multiple times.

"I am not staring at Tyler," I lied. I hated how I had to lie about that. My eyes shouldn't have been so fixed on him in the first place. He was my friend. Just my friend.

She rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "Do not tell me that you were not just staring at his chest," she said, a small smile on her face. "It's kind of obvious."

And that's what I was afraid of. Before, I never had to worry about liking him or looking at him differently. But now that literally everyone assumed that we were together, and I secretly found him getting more and more attractive, I always feared that one of us would end up liking each other. If one of us liked the other and one didn't feel the same, that would make things completely awkward. It wouldn't ruin everything because we were best friends and something as stupid as that couldn't hurt us. It would just feel weird to be around each other.