26

A/n: hi so there'll be a lot of little time skips so ima just write the month/ date

•December 24th•

•Y/n's POV•

I stared out of the car window as my mom drove me home from the airport. I was only coming back to visit for Christmas, and I'd leave a week later.

As I stared out the window, I noticed that the sky was a pale gray-blue color, and small snowflakes were falling onto the window. I'd guess it was about 30 degrees outside, but even in the car I was freezing.

Soon enough, the car was pulling into the driveway. I got out, and pulled my suitcase out of the trunk of the car. As I walked up the driveway, I noticed how snow was covering pretty much everything- except for the driveways- which had been most likely shoveled off.

Looking around, everything just seemed plain. Well, that was until I turned around and immediately saw a huge, bright smile that I loved. Tyler.

I was debating on whether to avoid him or not. The only reason I wouldn't want to see him is because he told me a few weeks ago that this girl- Jasmine- is his girlfriend now. But as much as that brought me down, I still wanted to see him. Because I still love him.

"Y/n!" He squealed in his adorable voice, running up to me from his front door. Once he reached me, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Hey," I smiled, hugging him back. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," he replied, pulling away from me.

"So, Tyler-" I started, until I was interrupted by an unfamiliar girl's voice.

"Tyler!" The girl shouted from his driveway, getting out of a small red car that I've never seen in front of his house. She had long black hair, and brown eyes, and I'd say that she was probably a bit shorter than me. I figured it must be Tyler's girlfriend.

"Hey Jasmine!" He turned around and ran towards her, picking her up and kissing her on the cheek. I stood there, looking at the ground.

"Jasmine, this is Y/n. My best friend," he introduced me as they both walked towards me.

"Nice to meet you," she smiled.

"Nice to meet you too," I replied.

"We were just gonna go out for dinner. Do you wanna come Y/n?" Tyler asked, looking over at me.

"I'm good, thanks Tyler," I told him with a small smile. "I'd better unpack anyways, see you guys later," I said, turning away and walking towards my house.

"Bye!" They both shouted in unison, walking towards a black car, which I assume to be Tyler's.

I stepped inside of my house, and was greeted by my dad.

"Hey Y/n! How's it been?" He asked, pulling me into a hug.

"Great," I smiled, pulling away.

I left my suitcase by the front door and sat down at the kitchen table, where my mom was sitting. My dad followed behind me and sat next to me.

I stared at the floor as I was sitting there, wondering why I ever left in the first place. If I hadn't left, I'd still have Tyler. Why did I think leaving him was a good choice?

"You seem upset," my mom said softly, almost as if she could read my mind. "Is it Tyler?" she asked.

I nodded quietly, not wanting to speak, or say anything about it.

"I'm just gonna go upstairs," I spoke poignantly, getting up and taking my suitcase that was near the front door.

_______________________________

After I watched a few movies, it was about 10:00. Might as well go to sleep. Christmas is tomorrow.

After I had fallen a sleep for a few hours, I woke up to the sound of my phone going off. I picked up my phone, checking the time. 3:00 AM. Who's texting me at this time?

I checked the texts. It was Tyler.

Tyler: Hey Y/n?

Y/n: Yes?

Tyler: I'm coming over

Y/n: What? It's 3:00 AM

As I waited for him to respond, I heard a small knock on the front door. I groaned, getting out of bed and leaving my room. I shuffled down the stairs quietly, hoping my parents wouldn't hear me.

I opened my front door to see Tyler with pajama pants on, and a black hoodie. I stepped aside, allowing him to walk in. I was confused on why he was here at this time, and I was about to scold him about it, but he spoke before I could.

"Still use that hoodie I gave you?" He chuckled quietly. I looked at what I was wearing, remembering that I had put on Tyler's old hoodie.

"Yeah," I giggled, getting distracted by his smile that I had almost forgotten what I wanted to say a second ago. "Anyways, Tyler, why are you here at this time? My parents would kill me if they found out I let you in!" I whisper- yelled.

"I dunno, I guess I just-" I quickly covered his mouth with my hand. I heard a few footsteps coming from upstairs. I glared at him, hoping he would get the message that he needs to be quiet.

We quietly stepped up the stairs, and into my room. I carefully closed the door and sat on my bed.

"I just missed you," he said cutely.

"So you came to my house at 3:00 AM?"

"Yes. And the fact that I don't want my siblings waking me up really early to open presents," he replied.

"You know I'm just gonna wake you up really early too, right?" I said. He giggled and sat on the floor.

I threw a few pillows over to him, with a blanket. "Sleep on the floor, okay?" I told him, climbing into my bed.

"Sure thing," he said, lying down and pulling the blanket over him.