One- (Re-write 4/30/22)

A/n: I'm trying to re-write this shit! 😭😭 so bare with me babes! 889 words omg- anyway I hope this is actually better that what I produced back in idk 2018?
_____________________________________

Y/n y/l/n had grown up In Hawkins Indiana her whole life. rode her bike down the same streets, stopped off at the same dinner every Friday night for a chocolate shake, and got to be best friends with Nancy Wheeler, Steve Harrington and Jonathan Byers. And through those years y/n had begun to lose touch with the Harrington boy, conversations during class and hanging out after school turned into an occasional smile and a wave in the hall, and then one day it stopped altogether.

She babysat sat their younger siblings, Mike Wheeler and Will Byers, and then that progressed into the same with their friends Dustin and Lucas. The boys had been rowdy, that had been expected. They were into comic books, and board games, the typical stuff. As she continued to look after the boys there was an unspoken friendship that had blossomed. 
But y/n had been surprised when the four of them showed up at her doorstep one day, frantically arguing with each other. 

"Boys please calm down, now one of you, one speak" y/n said sternly, her fingers wrapped tightly around the door, her patients was running thin. Her y/c/h had been dishevelled and her sleep pants hung low on her hips. 

The four of them looked at each other until Mike spoke up. 

"We need to show you something. But you can't tell anyone"
"ANYONE" Dustin added, his eyes burning into hers. 

She nodded, shuffling to the side she ushered them in. 

The five of them took a seat around the dining room table. Y/ns eyes fixed onto the object still wound tightly in Dustin's hand. 

"Ok" Dustin said slowly, one hand out, almost like he was trying to calm a dog. 

"I'm going to open this, but you CAN'T freak out" 

Y/n nodded and crossed her arms. Pressing the button on the contraption, the doors popped open. 

"What am I supposed to be-" you were cut off by a small slug looking thing popping out of the box. A shriek emitted from her throat. Mike's hand slapped over her mouth. 

"This isn't even half of it, now if we are gonna tell you. You cant tell a soul." Mike said seriously. His eyes wide, she could tell he wasn't messing around. 

Y/n nodded furiously. Grabbing onto his hand, she peeled it from her face. 
"Promise" 

_______________

Y/n's mind had been elsewhere the next day, her mind raced with questions she couldn't answer. In fact she didn't know if anyone could answer. 6th period had felt like an eternity, her eyes were elsewhere, not caring enough about the lesson Mr. Jensen had been teaching. The only thing that caught her attention was the occasional whiff of cigarette smoke and cheap cologne. 

"Mrs. Y/l/n, I'd like to know where you've been the past forty-five minutes" Mr. Jensen called out angrily, tossing the textbook in his hands onto his desk in front of him it made a loud cracking noise. 

Y/n let out a groan. 
"Somewhere other than world war two" y/n sneered. His eyebrows jutted upward and he crossed his arms. 
You could hear someone's laugh emit from behind you.

"May I ask what's so funny Mr Hargrove?" Mr. Jensen asked, a permanent scowl now carved into his features.

Turning her head slightly, y/n caught a glimpse of him. Billy Hargrove, the one who was the cause of the cigarettes and cologne. Girls looked at him like he was a small town Tommy Lee or a god, to y/n he was a walking sex addict clad in denim.

"Isn't it obvious Jake?" Billy said with a smirk. Before the teacher could say more the bell rang, people were rushing out of the room. Y/n grabbed her things and followed in suit. She could hear her name being called as she descended further down the crowded hallway, she hadn't cared though. She was tired, frustrated and just wanted to go home. 

________

The end of the day had finally come. Y/n made a stop at her locker, putting in the books she hadn't needed for the night. She could feel someone beside her, on the other side of the locker door. Closing it lightly she took a peak at who it could be, Billy. 

"Hey cherry" He said and licked his lips, his eyes wandered down her body and back up again. 

"That's not my name" y/n mumbled, her eyes diverting away from him. She was embarrassed to say the least, the way his gaze burned into her, the way he stood a little too close for her liking. 

"I know but ah, You didn't seem to hear me earlier so," he moved his head to the side slightly, attempting to catch her eyes but there was no use. "Just wanted to say that was cute earlier, y'know the whole thing with that teacher." 

Y/n was even more uncomfortable now, and more agitated. 
"Thanks?" Y/n said unsurely. Tightening her grip around her backpack strap she turned on her heels and began leaving. 

Billy pinched the bridge of his nose with his one hand, and his other found his hip.

"Maybe I could call ya?" He questioned

Y/n called back with a 'no', Billy just smiled.