III

Y/n strutted out of her fathers office with her head held high. Most men decidedly bowed down to her as she walked past them, a smirk present. Her red high heels stopped short of the door when she noticed that one of the men were smoking, that man being Mr. Travis. She eyes him down, tall, brown haired, brown eyes, suited perfectly. "Come with me." She commanded. She expected him to follow her, but not so closely. "Personal space is a thing."

He scooted away from her by inches. "I'm assuming your father told you about our task?" He said in a smooth voice. "I'm also assuming you're always this rude." He coughed. 

Y/n hid her words behind a tight fake smile. "And I'm assuming you have no idea who I am?" She was the Alpha queen and she would tolerate no back talk. "Know your place in this system, I don't know how you got here, but I am not my father and I won't hesitate to kill you." Her eyes narrowed as she gave him his first and final warning. "Do you understand?" 

Mr. Travis cleared his throat. "Yes ma'am." 

"Excellent darling." She praised. Her phone pinged, sending off a loud sound that echoed through the halls. She excused herself from the hallway, finding the door to the outside where she situated herself in her car. Only then did she check her phone. 

Tonight my love?

She stifled a smile trying to creep its way on her face. She didn't need a caller ID to know who it was texting her. Y/n couldn't lie saying that she didn't love the dangerous game she was playing. She was a grown woman and her head was set strong to become the queen of the mob, but she still had a heart with it's own agenda. 

Tonight

Her fingers typed quickly to send the risky words. A loud tap on the window was the only thing that could wake her from her daze. Looking out the almost black window she recognized who was tapping. Her eyes widened as she whirled herself out the car. "Gia!" Y/n kneeled down excitedly. Gia was Y/n's niece and a essential part of her life. "Sweetheart, what are you doing here?"

"Mummy let me come see you!" The little girl beamed. Her hair was in pig tails with pink bows. She was still dressed in her school outfit. "I begged and begged."

Y/n frowned. "Gia, what did I tell you about begging?" She stroked her cheek. 

"Strong women don't beg!" Gia repeated with a loud and strong voice. She was only 4, but she was ahead of her class already. 

Y/n smiled and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. "Gwendolyn!" She stood up, seeing her sister on her phone. "G!" Y/n and her sister, Gwendolyn, had a complicated relationship. It was never a rivalry between the two, but Gwendolyn could never forgive her sister for joining their father in his crusade for power. 

Gwendolyn gave a half smile to her sister. Her sister, the mobster, the wannabe queen of the mob. Gwendolyn despised her father, never like what he did, but her sister couldn't be more different, so entranced with the feeling that she would get power over someone. "I let her see you, she wouldn't stop talking about you." She scoffed. 

Y/n rolled her eyes, her arms crossed. "What am I supposed to thank you or something?" It came out colder than expected, but Y/n couldn't help the way she felt about her own sister. She didn't hate her, but she thought her a bitch that didn't want the family to prosper. Their mother was always the one to calm them down. 

"She's been wanting to spend time with you, so you could at least do that for her." Gwen avered. 

Y/n sighed. "I'm busy today." 

Gwendolyn chuckled under her breath. "Of course you are Ms. queen of the mob." She shrugged her shoulders. "Gia, say good bye to Auntie Y/n." Gwendolyn looked away to see her daughter picking flowers from the ground.