Chapter Thirty-Six - Confessions Of An Astro

Start from the beginning

Murphy shook his head. "No, thanks." He sighed, then stood up straight. "Jaha, I came to talk."

"About?" Jaha raised a brow at him as he leaned against the counter, bringing the mug to his lips and sipping from it.

He shrugged his shoulders, shoving his hands into his jean pockets as he moved towards the table. "Basically everything that's happened since the dropship hit the ground."

Jaha gave a nod before setting the mug down and sitting at the table, causing Murphy to do the same.

"Well, you have my attention." He said, leaning his elbow on the table and linking his hands together through his fingers.

Murphy leaned back in the chair. "It started with the landing. Octavia Blake saw her brother, Bellamy. You would know him more than you would like, I guess." He raised a brow, and Jaha nodded slightly.

"Anyway, after that, Octavia was the first person to touch the ground." Murphy paused. "And Wells, Clarke, and Finn were trying to figure out how to get to the Emergency Operations Center. I guess he thought he owed it to us all, because he had gotten out of his seat when the drop ship was falling, and two others had followed him. Long story short, they died, he didn't." Jaha's eyes had widened, but he nodded.

"I fought with Wells." Murphy sighed. "I hurt him. Badly. He hurt his foot when I kicked it out from under him." Jaha's facial expression hardened, but he seemed to want Murphy to continue.

"After that, Clarke told Wells to stay at the camp while herself, along with Finn, Octavia, Jasper and Monty went to go find the EOC. John and I were making fun of Wells, and Bellamy came up to us after he left. He convinced us to take off the wristbands and help him to 'run things'."

"That night, after we had taken off our wristbands, Wells and Bellamy argued for a while. Bellamy thought we should take them off, while Wells thought we shouldn't. The majority of us agreed with Bellamy, and then the first rainstorm happened. When it was over, Bellamy went after Wells while he was asleep. He took him away from the camp, and told us to take off his wristband if he wouldn't do it himself. Needless to say, we had to do it." He shrugged, shaking his head. "At this point, I wish I didn't."

"The next day, Wells and I fought again. I was kind of out of it, and he somehow ended up putting me in a headlock." Murphy chuckled. "Your son had a strong grip, I can tell you that." Jaha laughed softly, smiling sadly. "I'm pretty sure the only reason he didn't break my neck was because Clarke had appeared and told him to stop." Murphy frowned. "Octavia had gone wading in a river. She had been attacked by a giant water snake, at least, that's what they described it as. It left a huge bite mark in her leg, and she would have died if Jasper had pulled her out of the water."

"Clarke said that they reached another part of the river that morning, and Jasper had gone first. Once he got to the other side, he found a sign that said Mount Weather, so they were all excited. A few seconds later, Jasper was stabbed by a spear."

"A spear?" That was the first time that Murphy had heard Jaha speak since he started.

"Yeah, a spear. Do you remember what Clarke told you about the grounders? That was the first time they bothered us." He said.

"Clarke and Wells wanted to find Jasper. Clarke came up to Bellamy, and told him to come with her when he showed her his gun. Somehow, she convinced him. He told me to come with him too." He said, almost regretful. "We ended up arguing, and trying to take off Clarke's wristband. Finn showed up and got Clarke to come with him, leaving Wells with Bellamy and I. I went ahead and followed Clarke and Finn, while Bellamy talked to Wells for a while. Finn and Clarke found blood near the river, and Finn was able to find Jasper. The grounders had tied him to a tree as live bait, but we didn't know if they were trying to catch us, or something else. Clarke fell into a trap, which was a hole with spikes in it. Bellamy caught her, and to be honest I'm not sure if he thought about letting her go or not. Finn and I tried to get him down, while a lot of wild animals attacked the others. Wells killed them after he stole Bellamy's gun. He's a good shot, you know." He smiled softly.