Chapter Thirty-Three - Back To Earth

Start from the beginning

"Clarke? I thought she had a thing for Bellamy or something." Murphy said, raising a brow.

Eve's eyes widened. "Holy shit it's a love square." That simple comment caused everyone to burst out laughing, and Murphy chuckled.

Jack sighed. "Let's go already."

*

They were on the trucks within about ten minutes, and were driving down the pathways in fifteen. Murphy, Eve, Jack, Raven, and Monty were all in the back of one truck, with James in the front seat while Carson was driving.

Clarke, Finn, Jane, Jasper, Lena, and a few guards were in the truck behind them, with Adam driving and a guard in the front beside him.

They had wanted to take a few more of the 100, but decided not to deal with their curiosity, considering that they needed as much space as possible. They had 37 trucks, two of them filled with Murphy, Eve, Jack, Raven, Jane, James, Carson, Lena, Clarke, Finn, Monty, Jasper, Adam, and a few guards. The other 35 were open, with only one person in them: the driver. The rest of the space was open for however many people there were on the ark. They all hoped there would be enough room for them.

All of them had at least one weapon, while the members of the guard and the team all had more than three. Murphy had an axe, a knife, and a hand gun.

"How much further do we have to go, Jack?" Murphy asked, staring up at him from the makeshift seat he had made for himself and Eve using an old blanket.

Jack glanced down at Murphy, taking his eyes off the small knife he had been attempting at cleaning on the way there. "Actually, less than two minutes. Then we have to walk, but it won't be very long if they landed as close to the river as I think they did."

Murphy nodded. "How much space do we have for them?"

Jack sighed softly, and rubbing his chin a little as he looked back at the trucks behind them. "The max capacity for each truck is sixteen people, depending on how much you weigh, how fast the truck goes, and how close you can get the people to stay... But at the max capacity, thirty-five groups of sixteen is... Five-hundred and sixty." He sighed. "If the majority of the people on the ark died, then we have enough room."

Murphy sighed, biting his lip a little. He felt slightly less depressed about the situation when he felt Eve lay her head on his shoulder, and squeeze his hand comfortingly.

He was hoping that no one had gotten hurt, or, even worse, died. He wasn't sure if his mother was on the ship, or even if she was alive. But, he hoped she was.

"We're almost there." Jack mumbled before his eyes widened.

"What? What's wrong?" Eve asked.

"It's on fire! Half of it is on fire!"

At that, Murphy and Eve, along with the others, stood up and stared at the station. It had landed extremely close to the lake, in fact it was less than ten feet from the edge of it. There were small amounts of metal that had gotten red hot in the landing and was burning the grass and small plants near it. The station literally looked like a giant box with a few attachments to it. One of those attachments, unfortunately, was on fire.

"Carson, stop here!" Jack yelled through the window and into the cab of the truck. Carson nodded, stepping on the brakes and moving the truck to a slow stop.

They all jumped off the back of the truck, and Murphy stared silently at it.

"Murphy! Come here!" Jack yelled from beside the truck.