Publicity

I received a phone call from my boss on a rainy Friday morning, just as I was getting out of bed.
"Hello?" I asked as I picked up the phone.
"Good morning, Hayley. I need to talk to you about what happened at the match last weekend." He said, and I sighed. I knew what was coming.
"In all fairness, it wasn't my fault, sir. But I understand if you're firing-" I said, but he cut me short.
"Stop. Hayley, what you did at that match should get you fired. You know the main focus should be the crowd, and only the crowd. But... it's blown up. Everyone wants to know who the mystery steward that shared a steamy moment with their favourite striker is." He said. I didn't know what to say.
"Oh. So you're not firing me?" I asked confusedly.
"I'm not firing you, Hayley. Only because this could be good for the company. Everyone wants to know who you are, Hayley. Then they'll want to meet you, then they'll want to be like you! Think of the publicity." He said, and I laughed.
"I'm just a normal woman, Sir. I don't think they'll want to be like me." I said.
"That's where you're wrong, Hayley. Now you're they know you're Harry Kane's girlfriend, they'll treat you as they treat him. You're practically famous." He said, and I sighed.
"Ok. Thank you for letting me stay, sir." I said, looking at a sleeping Harry on the bed, his arm still stretched out from where he was holding me last night.
"It's my pleasure, Hayley. I just need you to do something." He said.
"What?" I asked inquisitively.
"Go out there and let the fans know who you are." He said, and hung up. I placed my phone on the bedside table and sat on the bed.
"For fucks sake..." I muttered to myself. That was when Harry woke up, and grabbed my waist.
"I thought I'd lost my extra pillow..." He said, and pulled me back into bed. I laughed as he practically curled up around me, like a small child does with their mum after a nightmare.
"Come on, babe. We need to get up." I said, and he moaned.
"Do we have to?" He asked, sounding like a teenager again, making me laugh even harder.
"Fine. Five more minutes." I said, and he grinned at me, before burying his face in the pillows. I smiled as he immediately began snoring again, and I turned my body to the side so I was facing him. It was always funny how quickly he could fall asleep. I let him have his five minutes, until I climbed out of bed again, and my movement woke him up straight away.
"Come on, sleepy-head. I need to talk to you." I said, and he sat up, rubbing his eyes.
"About what?" He asked, before he climbed out of bed, watching as I put my shirt on.
"Well... my boss said I need to get out and let the fans know who I am in order to keep my job." I said, and he smiled at me.
"Let's get out, then." He said, and got into the shower as I put my makeup on. I put on my shoes and coat, before getting Buddy's lead and waiting for Harry. When he was ready, we took Buddy out for a walk together. It wasn't long before people realised who Harry was, and were asking millions of questions. There were phones out everywhere, pointed at us, taking photos of us. I stopped, and turned to Harry.
"I'm not sure about this, Harry." I whispered so the crowd couldn't hear me.
"It's fine, babe. Just tell them who you are, and they'll settle down a bit." He said, kneeling down to pet Buddy. He was getting quite nervous about all the people and camera flashes around us.
"Who are you?" Some newspaper guy asked me.
"I'm Hayley Jones and I'm the mystery steward from last week's Leicester city match." I said, and everyone suddenly wanted to ask more questions. I looked at Harry frantically.
"Give us some space please. We're just trying to walk Buddy." Harry said to the crowds. Everyone moved a little bit, but showed no signs of moving.
"What now?" I asked him, and he smiled at me.
"Just push your way through. It's ok." He said, so I did as he said and we made our way away from the crowd as quickly as possible.