3.

Tears start to swell up in my eyes as I look at the sight in front of me. I am, however, able to contain myself just a little.

"This is the sweetest thing ever," I exclaim and hug the boy next to me. "I can't believe you did this for me."

"Just think of it as an early birthday present since I won't be able to celebrate with you this weekend." He kisses the top of my forehead before looking at what's in front of us.

"I've never had this happen to me," I admit as I sit at the table.

"Well," he says, sitting in front of me, "let there be many firsts that happen with us."

A few seconds later, Michael comes around with a bottle containing a clear liquid and pours the substance into our glasses. "Water," he says and continues to pour it. He then looks at us with a smile before saying, "your food will be served by the chef in a bit."

And just like he said, our chef headed our way with two plates of food in his hands. "Rosie, Calum," Luke smiles and places the plates of spaghetti in front of us. "Chefs special."

I can't contain the laughter that escapes my mouth and Calum soon follows along. Luke hands us our silverware before leaving.

"Thank you for tonight," I tell Calum as the water splashes my feet. "It means a lot."

"I'm happy you had a good time," he replies and pulls me towards him. "I loved seeing your face light up."

And just like that, What Makes You Beautiful started playing in my head. I can never get away from those five boys; they're always there.

Before we head our way back to his car, he faces us to the ocean before turning towards me. We look at each other for a few seconds before leaning in and kissing me. My eyes immediately close as my body relaxes. My arms wrap themselves around his neck and pull him closer.

When we pull away from each other, he leans his head on mine. "You, lovely, are one fine girl."

And you know what he did next? Do you? He sang Brandy, You're a Fine Girl.

Do you want to know what I did? I joined it with him, because a song like that never gets old.

When we finished being our goofy selves, he drove me back to my apartment and said goodnight. Shutting the door, I hear footsteps from behind, and I turn around and see Veronica standing there with the biggest smile on her face.

"How'd it go?" She asks and follows me to the kitchen. "Did he kiss you? Did you kiss back? Was the date cute?"

I roll my eyes at the questions before telling her, "the date was good, amazing actually. We kissed and, yes, I kissed him back. The date was adorable and was candle lit on the beach. We took a walk afterwards and then he took me home."

"My children," she whispers and pretends to wipe a tear from her eye as she leans against the island. "I've never been happie— that's a lie; I was the happiest the day we met."

"You, my friend, are one sappy but amazing friend." I tell her and she pretends to wipe another tear away.

"Dear," she says, "we aren't friends: we're sisters, bitch."

"Watch your mouth, bitch, or else it'll cost ya five dollars."

We laugh before she pulls me into her room so I can give a more detailed answer about the night. And so I tell her everything, because that's what sisters do.

_______
[7/21/18]