Chapter 10: Sports Festival: One vs One Finals

(Y/n) POV

I walk into the field. This is my last match and the final match. 'If I win it, I'll be top, but I'm going against Bakugou Katsuki so who knows what's going to happen. If I am able to shoot wind and electricity from my hands like in Todoroki's match, I would be able to win a lot more easily. I wonder how I did it. Is this what Momo was talking about? How did she know? Ughh! This is so confusing.' I thought

I walk to the middle of the field. I can tell that Bakugou thinks he's going to win.

"READY... SET... GO!!!"

I start by pushing him with some wind but of course, Bakugou's gonna do whatever he can to stop himself, even if that means exploding the ground while making a huge explosion in my direction.

'Ouch, that hurt.' I thought as I looked at myself. I was covered with many cuts and burns. Blood dripped down of my legs and arms. That was one heck of an explosion.

"WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?? HOW IS (L/N) STILL STANDING? NO, NO. HOW IS (L/N) STILL ALIVE. THAT EXPLOSION WAS THE SAME SCALE AS THE ONE HE USED IN HIS MATCH WITH URARAKA TO DESTROY DEBRIS. DEBRIS. (L/N) ARE YOU OK?" Present Mic yelled.

I give a quick thumbs up to reassure everyone. I swear even Bakugou had a look of slight panic wondering if he overdid it. 'Oh yeah, sure you overdid it.' I thought angrily.

I ran up as fast as I could with injuries and struck lightning right on top of him. 'That was a nice hit' I thought. 'While he's surprised, I'm gonna push him off with more wind. Let's see if I can use the trick that worked when I was with Todoroki... What? It doesn't work'

I tried to control some wind/air out of my hands. Darn. It's not working. I tried to push him out with some wind the old way but you can always count on Bakugou to literally explode you.

"WHAT THE? HOW ARE YOU STILL ABLE TO DO THAT MUCH AFTER I THREW AN EXPLOSION AT YOU? ARE YOU HUMAN?" Bakugou yells.

"I... have... extremely high pain tolerance," I say in pain.

By this time, the whole crowd is astonished. Bakugou threw 2 HUGE SCALE explosions at me. 2. 2. And not only am I still alive, I'm standing up, oh and now walking towards Bakugou again. I forget about the pain and charge at Bakugou. He aims an explosion at me one more time, and this time I can tell that this explosion could kill me, but I didn't have the energy or time to dodge it. 'Ahh, if I wake up on a hospital bed again, Kaminari's definitely gonna get mad at me...' I thought. I watched Bakugou's hands glow but right at the moment, there was a huge wave of water that shot out of both of my hands, it made the explosion a bit better, but before that, I was out of stamina. I fainted on the spot and everything became dark and cold after that. I then realized that the only reason I didn't feel my quirk being overused was from the heat of Bakugou's explosions.

~~~

I woke up in the hospital bed of the nurse's office in the main building. Kaminari was there, he's always there, and it always makes me happy.

"(L/n)! WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE YOU THINKING? DO YOU WANT TO DIE? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO? WERE YOU LISTENING TO WHAT I WAS SAYING THE LAST TIME YOU WERE IN A HOSPITAL BED, THAT WAS WHAT, LIKE A FEW HOURS AGO?" Denki yells.

"Denki... I'm...I'm sorry." I say

"You better be," Denki says a bit stern

"I am. And I'm fine. Don't worry too much. I'm okay, it just hurts a bit." I say trying to reassure him.

"Don't lie to me. I know it hurts a lot. And you better be fine. If you're not ok, I'm gonna murder Bakugou myself." he says

"Haha, thanks Denki."