Darren

Okay..so Darren knew that this trip to Tokyo wasn't going to be a walk in the park. But dang was he eager to go. The sights, the sounds, the high tech stuff everywhere, and the birthplace of VR gaming. If he wasn't in heaven, he didn't know where he was.

He expected that everything would look facinating. Though he also suspected that there would be a all time low on Greek, Roman, and Demigod activity considering how far from the States and from Greece and Rome this place was. But he did have a feeling that the yokai level might be a different matter.

The one thing he didn't expect though, was to fall hopelessly in love when he got there. Maybe it was his bad luck coming back, maybe his good luck was being completely out of control again. All he knew, was that Kirito's sister....was really, really, HOT!! 

There he said it...the good honest truth. Cause in all his life, unless you counted Asuna, he never thought he'd seen a more beautiful girl. The difference was, Asuna was taken. Suguha Kirigaya was definitely not. (Take note, that Sughu is the most common pronunciation of her name.)

After the strange phone call Kirito had recieved, Leo had sped up the Argo 2's flight path to Japan. Upon Kirito's request, the Argo 2 had parked itself so that it was hovering right above Kirito's ordinary looking house. According to Leo, it was probably best to have some of them spelunk down while some others stayed with the ship.

So it was decided that Darren, Kirito, Percy, Asuna, and Annabeth would go down.

"Er..why me?" Darren asked. "Why not Hazel, she's way handier in a dangerous situation."

"Something tells me that right now, we're gonna need all the luck we can get." said Kirito seriously.  "And don't sell yourself short, you're pretty darn good with that bow."

And so Darren followed Kirito and the others up the street of the ordinary looking Kirigaya residence.

"Dude.." said Percy nodding at the traditional looking wooden house in the yard. "You've got a dojo?"

"Sughu's a Kendo prodigee." said Kirito. "She's one of the best in the world actually."

"Then she's definitely fine." said Annabeth in an apparent attempt to reassure Kirito. "If she's got skills like that, no way monsters would be able to take her easily."

"You kidding?" said Kirito with a small smile. "I'm more worried about the monsters."

The moment they reached the front door, everybody drew their weapons. Percy and Kirito went to the front door first, Riptide and Elucidator looked hungry to bite some monsters.

Kirito reached his hand towards the door. But then..

"Wait!" said Darren raising his bow. "Let me go first..I've got the power to manipulate luck..so if I go first, then there's a less of a chance of someone getting the drop on us."

"I don't know Darren." said Asuna uneasily. "Are you sure?"

Kirito looked at Darren for a bit then nodded. "I don't like it..but he's right, he's got a better chance with his sort of power..but if you get into trouble, don't do anything stupid, you're a long range fighter, get far away quick kay?"

Darren nodded. "I'll go as far as Garfield would to get away from Nermil."

Darren moved over to the door and slowly opened it, he then readied his bow, and knocked an arrow in it, pushing open ever so slightly with his shoulder. He walked in, taking in the silence, the small cozy living room...everything...

He was just about to give the all clear, when he thought, hey, what if I did die just now? Sure my friends would be sad...but I wouldn't have ever dated a girl..that would be so unlucky...how I wish I could get the chance soon to meet the girl of my dreams..or something..hey, could my good luck help me with that?