Chapter 15

Cody's POV

After Aria and Renn caked makeup on me and Skye's faces, they wanted us to do theirs before we looked at ourselves.

"Please?" Aria begged.

"No way! You're too young to have makeup!" I said sternly.

"But you're a dude and you're wearing it." Renn backed her up with a smirk. Skye laughed and I smiled. Her laugh is beautiful.

"She's got a point." Skye giggled. I sighed and grabbed the little makeup bag.

"Yay!" Renn and Aria cheered in unison.

"Skye does mine and Cody does yours?" Renn asked Aria.

"Yep." Aria smiled and they both looked at us expectantly.

"Close your eyes." Skye said to Renn and applied a light, barely visible layer of eyeshadow. I copied what she did because I have no idea how to do makeup.

"Open them." Skye said and then applied mascara I think to Renn's eyelashes. I did the same to Aria.

"You take forever!" Renn groaned.

"Yeah! Speed it up bro I got a tea party waiting!" Aria shouted at me and Skye laughed and shook her head.

In about five minutes we had finished their 'makeovers' and got to wash our faces off. I looked in the mirror and yelped.

Skye looked at me and busted out laughing. I groaned and tried washing the stuff off, but only some of it washed off. I still looked like a clown.

When Skye recovered from her laughing fit, she pulled a little box with these cucumber scented wipe thingies in it.

"What are those?" I asked.

"Makeup remover wipes." She replied and dabbed the excessive blue eyeshadow from her eyelids.

"I never thought I would have to say this, but can I use one?" I asked.

"Yeah sure." She said and handed me two. I tried removing it but all I was doing was smearing it further.

"Uh, Skye, can you help me?" I asked.

She looked at me and thankfully contained her laughter. She looked fine now, the only makeup on her face being mascara.

After a while she finally got that horrible clown face off of me and I hugged her.

"What's the hug for?" She asked.

"I just felt like hugging you." I replied and enjoyed the sparks that were erupting across my skin.

She smiled into my chest and hugged me back, but pulled away all too quickly.

I stretched my arms out like a two year old motioning for another hug, but she just sniffed the air and ran.

I followed her outside and into the forest. She eventually outran me and I lost her and her scent.

Not again. Please don't run away again.

The thought made me shudder and I continued my search.

Skye's POV

Before you think I was running away from Cody I'm just going to let you know, I wasn't. I ran because I felt a family bond connect to someone in the woods and panic, fear, and pain flooded through the bond.

I ran towards wherever my wolf told me to go, reason being she could navigate to where anyone with a bond to me is.

I continued to run and eventually I found a scent in a clearing.

It smelt of my twin brother. Yes, I had one but during a rogue attack he was captured and we couldn't find him anywhere so we thought he was dead. We were only four so I couldn't feel the bond, nobody could because we hadn't shifted yet.

I sniffed the air again and followed a small deer trail to the right. I began noticing small drops of blood on the ground. I started following those and eventually I saw someone who I haven't seen since I was four, lying on the ground covered in blood and whimpering quietly.

"Lucas?"