Chapter 3 : Devil's Favourite Demon

Chapter 3

Curse of the Demon

Part 1: Devil's favourite Demon

Grabbing my tiny hands in his giant ones, he crushed them with the brutal force he had. I tried kicking him but it seemed impossible to shake him off. With one hand grabbing me, he started punching me with the other. I was punching and kicking hopelessly. His heavy hand, out of pure force, landed on my unsuspecting face.

"Who has brains?" He roared, dragging me to the pond from the back of my collar. "Who the fuck has brains... swine!"

I was choking, coughing. I gripped the ground to stop him ,successfully. He turned back.

"You think you can..."

I punched him, he retorted even more violently. He grabbed my head between his hands attempting to squeeze it. It was hot as hell inside the cavern. Both of us drenched in sweat and microscopic dust from the damp cavern in this heat, fighting.

He was playing with me, like a lion does with its prey before killing it. My blood pressure was high again. I resisted the temptation to pull out the test tube which was safe in the tissue inside my pocket.

"You are a great crowd entertainment." He bellowed tightening his grip on my head.

"I like how you struggle kid." He whispered in my ear. "You messed up with the wrong guy"

I resisted the demon. I was struggling, I was dying. Things started to appear dizzy. The headache returning. I was breathing heavier than ever. The voices around me felt dying. Things were slowing down again. The cheering crowd, that girl among them, she paused, the rage in her face froze. The sweat bead that dropped frbreath inehead stopped just before touching the ground, hanging in the air. LUBB-DUBB, LUBB-DUBB, LUBB-DUBB, LUBB-DUBB. My heart beat was louder. Was I going to die? Was it the end of the story? I looked at that proud grim expression on his face. He was enjoying every bit of it. Another look at the crowd broke me. There were feelings of sympathy. I could see in their eyes.... Hate, envy, greed and pride. In next 20 seconds, I'll die, due to suffocation and probably. I could hear me breathing. Then I heard that whisper.

"Just let the demon take over." I heard it so clear, like she was standing right among the crowd.

It was my chance now, and I let my demon go lose. I bit him on his arm, sinking my teeth into his pink flesh until I felt my canines touching his bone. He yelled like a bitch. I gave him a head-butt in the nose. He went for the ground. I looked around in desperation. I know she was around here, I knew she was watching me.

Pawan cheated from the back, hitting me in my head. His blood was still on my lips, I licked it away. He looked deep into my eyes, he was dumbfounded. A vicious smiled curved on my crimson lips. I was bruised, bleeding and smiling.

"That was delicious." I muttered.

He was traumatised.

"Let's do it again." I broke into an instinctive laughter.

He held me by hair, punching me vilolenly till he punctured my lower lip. Blood was gushing out of it. We both smelled of it. I was unstoppable, it was adrenaline rush, it was rejuvenating.

"Who is the genius now?" He yelled.

It was time for the end game. I kept looking at crowd, looking for her. I wanted her to witness it. The lioness had to see it. I felt my hair pulling out of their roots, such was his grip.

"Who's got brains, you asshole?"

I pulled his head near mine. "I've got brains." I whispered in his ear pulling out the test tube and breaking it under his shirt.

He jumped back in sheer astonishment. I sat down, curled into myself covered in bruises and blood.

"What the fuck was that?" He pulled his shirt off. "It smells of kerosene."

"It's sodium laced in kerosene" I said dabbing my lips with tissue. "The moment kerosene vaporizes isolating the sodium molecules, you will be on fire."

His proud face was now down with fear. When you are an information addict, you are the most powerful man in the room.

He threw his shirt away in the pond, in a hurry. It started burning violently.

"Sodium burns violently in water. It is still sticking to your body, so is kerosene." I added.

He was flabbergasted. I was enjoying his suffering, each moment of it. Even though I was broken with trodden shirts, my thirst was quenched. I wanted to become devil's best demon. But I have had my vengeance.

"He..." He stammered. "Help me, please."

"Are you begging me?" I smirked.

"How to get it off me?"

"Are you fucking begging me?" I yelled.

"Yes." He cried with pain in his voice.

"Tell your girl to kiss me." I charged.

He looked at her in despair. He was on his knees. He had beaten me to pulp but he was defeated.

"Hurry up, boy." I grinned devilishly. "Kerosene is vaporising kid."

She nodded to him, stepping out of the crowd, walking down to me. I was ready, I had been waiting for this day forever. She smelled of strawberry, I smelled of fresh blood. The wound on my lower lip was still gushing out blood. My heartbeat to its peaks. I pulled her near my face as pawan watched in anguish.

"I hate you." She said before our lips locked for the first and the last time. I wanted the moment to freeze but it was out of my prowess. I closed shut my eyes tightly as my tongue explored her to the depths even her boy didn't dare to reach.

"I hate you too." I whispered. She cleaned the blood off her lips, walking away, angry and frustrated, looking at him out of shame and disappointment.

I turned to him. He was on his knees, defeated.

"You just have to wipe it off with a super dry cloth, eh." I said moving out of the cavern. "It was low concentration solution, won't do much harm."

I walked to my room walking in awkward postures in a failing attempt to avoid pain I had in my ankle as I heard him bursting into flames.

I washed my face. All the blood going down streams mixed with foam and sweat making a whirlpool in the basin. I looked at the mirror. I couldn't find my older self, the boy I was an hour ago. I was active, alive and kicking. I pulled out two teeth. My face was covered in bruises and cuts.The one on my lip seemed to need a stitch. It was going to leave a scar but I was happy to have a mark of victory. I looked like anything but me .The rabbit was out of the hat .Ever seen a bitch running crazily fast for a one direction concert? This rabbit was on steroids, it was running faster than that. It was too late put it back into the hat.

If you take an event and connect it to an emotion, you never forget it. It keeps repeating in your memory, every time that emotion strikes up, the memory comes back in anew. No sooner I realised that I feel bad for what I had done to him. I felt guilty. I kissed a girl against her consent, I snubbed a senior... fuck it! I used a chemical against him, a lethal one. I was probably going to face suspension but it was going to get worse. He didn't complain because I didn't complain. We were even now. But this was not me, I don't wanted to be devil's favourite demon, I wanted to be alone. I wanted to be happy and I was ready to go any extremes to achieve it.

I went to my bed, having stitched my wound and went back over the internet to quench thirst for information, to calm myself down.

60 SIGNS OF BEING AN OLD SOUL

What was it even supposed to mean? But I read them, All 60 of them just to calm myself down.

Next was going to be interesting. They had appointed the new fluid mechanics professor, going by the name Solomon Red.