A Painful Thing/ 3rd Person Pov

Sophie chuckled nervously. "The one and only?"

He scowled and his look turned cold. "What are you doing here?"

She sighed. "I need your help. All of your help."

"With what."

"Just call everyone here. I would rather only explain it once."

"You really shouldn't be back, Sophie."

"Trust me. I know."

Fitz sighed a resentful sigh. "Come on."

He lead her up the pathway and through the huge doors of Everglen. She couldn't believe she was actually seeing the beautiful manor again. Fitz lead her into the humongous living area.

"Stay here. I'll be back soon." And left without another word. She sat there for about 5 minutes before Fitz came back with the people who always died in her nightmares.

Tam and Linh had both gotten taller and Linh's hair had gotten longer. Dex was taller and more muscular. Biana had become almost the exact replica of her mother besides her eyes. Marella had also gotten taller though she was still the shortest and her curly hair was noticeably without braids. Keefe was also very tall and more muscular though he still had the mischievous glint in his eyes. Grady, Edaline, Alden, and Della all looked the same as they had stopped aging years ago.

They all stared at Sophie and she gave a small nervous wave as Fitz scoffed. She glared at him. Edaline covered her mouth. It was Keefe who finally spoke.

"Foster?" He asked. Sophie flinched at the last name she hadn't heard since she was 14. "What's wrong?"

"I just never wanted to hear that name again." She replied turning away as it was the others turn to flinch.

"Well what is your name?"

"Smithers. Sophie Smithers."

"Ah."

"What are you doing here? I mean you made it very clear that you were never coming home?" Alden asked harshly.

"It found me." She told him looking at the ground.

"Who found you?" Edaline asked quietly.

"Not a who. A what. After we defeated the Neverseen all the wrong they did kind of got released into the world and after the there was so much darkness and pain and suffering in the world that Mother Nature tried getting rid of it."

"And?" Biana asked acting  just as harshly as her brother and father had.

"What she didn't realize was that she can't get rid of it. Darkness doesn't just disappear." She says shivering.

"Well what happened to it?" Dex asked angrily. "You're being vague."

Sophie ignored him. "Mother Nature tried to put all of it into one form but what she forgot to realize was that even though those people were evil they were masterminds. After she put the essence of everyone into a form the form had all of that knowledge. The form escaped."

"What was it's form?" Linh asked going over to Fitz and put her hands on his arm.

Well that's new, Sophie thought but ignored it.

"It's original form is a giant cloud but now..."

"But now what?" Keefe questioned.

"But now it possesses people. It takes a person. A good person and puts part of itself in them and then the person recruits another and so on."