Rest up, okay?

This book takes place after the events of: DETROIT BECOME HUMAN™

Connor stood still after lingering behind Hank, staring up at a sign. It's been a few days since Connor came back and he's felt so many emotions, even sadness. He stared at the sign, reading it, 'GET YOURS TODAY!'. It seemed as if Cyberlife ignored the fact that the revolution ended and their creations were free out and about. A few seconds later, Hank called out Connor's name, "Connor?" he stood, staring at the lost android standing in silence. The figure didn't move, he just watched the sign flicker off as if it glitched. Maybe they did listen, it never shuts off randomly. "I'm coming." Connor said, looking and turning away. He then walked until passing by Hank. Hank watched him, seeing the sadness radiate off like no other.

Hank followed, knowing not to say anything. He parked his car up the street ealier, offering a walk to a pet store to get sumo a chew toy. The dog itself keeps chewing on Hank's shoes. Of course, Connor took the chance and raced Hank there. He was happy then, why not now? Maybe Hank should offer something that could lighten the boy up?
"Connor, I was thinking." Hank said, watching the android loosen his grip on the chew bone in his hands, turning his head slightly behind him towards the old man. "Maybe we could have a movie night, you know? Imagine all of us on a couch with sumo, and a tv show we could start that we might like." for a second, he could see the boy smile for a moment but it faded quickly. "I'd rather not, lieutenant, but thank you for the offer." Connor spoke, turning his head back forward. Hank hitched his breath, turning his head away. He knew something was wrong, usually he would accept and ramble about shows he discovered.

Connor's LED flashed yellow, flickering blue to. Which caught Hank's eyes. He made something up in his head, speaking, "look, Connor, I understand you're not...in the mood. How about you just rest up, okay? We'll do something tomorrow if you're up for it." he said, biting the inside his lip. Gosh, he sure did feel bad. Connor furrowed his eyebrows, opening his mouth to speak. He looked unsure on what to say, but he nodded. "Sure, thank you." Hank smiled in a comforting way, nodding. He kept walking with Connor up until they arrived to the car, which made the boy wait patiently at the door. Hank went around, fishing his keys out of his pocket. He unlocked his door, then opened it, unlocking Connor's side. The two got in, soon going home.

Hank pulled into where he usually parked beside his house, taking his keys out of the ignition. "We're home." he said, looking at Connor. Connor looked at Hank, giving off a small smile. The whole car ride was just Smalltalk, but it helped Connor's mood a tad bit. Hank was relieved that he didn't act as much quiet. He got out of the car, grabbing some groceries from the backseat. "Ill help you." Connor said, standing by Hank. Hank leaned up from the backseat, holding the bags. "No, its only like...three bags. You go on inside." he said with a smile. No matter what, we need a smile on Hanks face to comfort the android. "You sure?" Connor rose a brow, his LED flickering yellow. "Im sure, son." the LED flickered a little red to the response from Hank, which of course scared him. "Okay." Connor said, quickly turning and walking away. Hank sighed, shutting the door.

Hank had decided the day the androids were free that Connor would stay with him until he was ready to be on his own. Here they were, dealing with these new emotions. Hank opened the door, and sumo trotted over, putting his slobber faces up at them. "Hey, sumo." Connor smiled, petting the dog on its head. He placed his hand under his chin, holding the new toy behind his back. "Oh..I see you have torn something up.." he said, analyzing the dog. Hank placed the food and such on the counter, "a slipper? Uh." Connor took a piece from sumo's mouth and slobber, analyzing it. "Sumo tore your slipper, lieutenant." he hollered, making the dog whine. Sumo then scratched behind his ear with his back leg.

Hank placed the can down, sighing, "really?" he said, walking out the kitchen. "Yes, I'm pretty sure." Connor replied, sticking his tongue out to analyze it more. "Don't you dare, Connor!" hank yelled, startling both of the two. "Sorry!" Connor yelped, clenching the piece in his fist. Hank sighed, stomping over to the two. "Sumo! No!" he cried, pointing his finger at the dog. Sumo whined, barking softly at Hank. "No!" Hank said again, then sumo licked his finger. Connor was frowning, then sumo made happiness shoot through him. Hank sighed, "unleash the toy, Connor." he said, yanking his hand away. "Yes, sir." Hank turned and walked away, back to the kitchen.

Connor smiled, taking out the chew bone. "Sumo! Look!" he squeaked the toy after squeezing it. Sumo tilted his head, his tail wagging. "It's for you!" Connor squeezed the toy, making sumo pounce up on him, knocking him down. "Ack-!" was all Hank heard, which made him drop his cereal box on the floor. He ran out, "CONNOR?!" he yelled, seeing sumo smothering the boy with his body. The dog seemed to be snatching his jaws at the toy in Connor's hand. "Sumo! Get off! Now!" Hank hissed, walking over to his dog. He pried the dog off of Connor, saving him from panicking. "Connor!" sumo walked away with the chew toy, trotting down the hall to hanks room as the toy squeaked. "I-i..." Connor had no words, he couldn't even move. "Are you alright?!" Hank practically yelled at Connor, making him even more scared. This wasn't the first time he was scared, so he kinda had control over it. "I-im fine, Hank! Stop it!" Connor yelled back, making Hank clamp his mouth shut.

"Alright..." Hank stood quiet, then both of them howled in laughter. Connor held his stomach, Hank did too. They carried their laughter for a few minutes, soon calming down. "I-i didn't know he was gonna do that!" Connor said, grabbing Hank's hand to help himself up. "Be careful, he's a big one." Hank said, chuckling. Connor nodded, "well, at least he won't chew on your things now." he said, shrugging. Hank nodded, going back to what he was doing. Connor left the room to Hank's popping his head around the corner. "Sumo..." he said, seeing the dog wag it tail on the opposite side of his bed, away from the door. Connor grinned, sneaking in. He saw the chewed up slippers, grabbing them and their pieces. "I really hope you didn't digest any of these, sumo." Connor said, leaning back up. Sumo kept nawing at the toy, too busy to pay attention. Connor turned to the dog, shaking his head. "Nothing but trouble and cuteness, eh dog? I thought you would know not to chew on things." he sighed, exiting the room. It's no use, his image on sumo talking to him was pretty much gone. His imagination was pretty wild, but he didn't give up..only a little.

Connor disposed the slippers in the trash after staring at them as he walked down the hallway. He looked at Hank, "im gonna go to sleep." he said, knowing the term wasn't 'sleeping' but he used it to show he was more...human like. "Ill be awake. Ill see you tommorow, okay?" Hank looked at him from the couch, away from the tv. Connor nodded, turning away and leaving Hank to his tv, silence even.

"How dare you!" the woman yelled on the tv, making Hank roll his eyes. He picked up the remote beside him, changing the channel. "Annnnnd he scores!" the tv blares, which has the old man at the edge of his couch seat. Connor laid in the bed in the spare room, staring up at the ceiling. He thought of something besides of what caught him at his feet earlier. What is it, you may ask? Why must this boy be so...lost through everything? Why he immediately feels down, sad, or clueless?

"Why was I a slave?" Connor asked himself, his chest hurting. It's weird to feel this type of feeling so soon, so soon. All this time, Connor was a slave to Cyberlife, just to hunt his own kind and kill them. All this time, he was confused with himself. Is it any different to this day? "Why am I so confused?" Connor asked himself, his LED flickering yellow/red. He hunted that little girl and that woman. They just wanted to be free! They are probably free and happy wherever they ended up. Maybe their dead?

Connor shook his head, his thoughts occurring too quick. He took a moment, thinking of where he was at.

[Hank Andersons home]
[Detroit, Michigan]
[Nine twenty three A.M.]

Home, this is home.

He looked outside, seeing that it's raining, no pouring. It was pouring down pretty hard. Lightning struck down, which fascinated Connor. He turned on his side, watching the rain pour. His bad feelings washed away as he watched the rain. Soon, he closed his eyes, shutting off for the night.

(First chapter! Connor is okay, don't worry.)