A Murder/Third Person Pov

The news lady blabbered on and on and to be honest Sophie wasn't paying that much attention. She was busy typing away on her laptop doing a report for school. It wasn't until the lady said the word "murder" did Sophie's head snap up.

"Hey Alex, would you rewind the tv?" Sophie asked her friend.

"Sure." Alex said grabbing the remote and rewinding with out even looking up from her own computer. Sophie shut the lid on her laptop and listened intently.

"That's right, Connor. There has been a murder just 3 miles away from Duke University. There's talk that the murderer is moving in on the students there." The news lady told her partner.

Sophie sucked in a breath. Crap. They couldn't of found her could they? No. That's impossible. Either way she wanted to be protected.

"Alex." She stated.

"Mhm." Her friend said to show she was listening.

"I'm not feeling so good. I think I'm gonna go back to my room." Sophie lied.

Alex looked up at her then. "Oh, I'm sorry. I hope you feel better." The girl said showing genuine concern. It made Sophie's stomach actually hurt.

"Thank you. See you tomorrow?" Sophie asked.

"Count on it." Alex told her going back to her school work.

Sophie gathered up her stuff quickly and walked thee 4 doors down to her room. She fumbled with the key in her haste. She opened the door to find an empty room and sighed in relief silently thanking God that her roommate was a big partier. She threw her stuff down on the bed and rushed over to the secret compartment under her desk and pulled out her only medler and pathfinder.

"Sophie Foster." Came a sing-song voice that sent shivers down her back along with a knock. "Open up!" It called again.

I don't wanna go. She thought looking at the pathfinder.

"Come on, Sophie. You can't hide forever." More knocks sounded and yet she kept looking at the pathfinder.

She took a deep breath.

One last time?

Deep breath.

One last time.

She held it up to the light and turned it to the first place she could think of.

"I'll give you till the count of three to open this door, Sophie!" Breathe in.

"1..." Breathe out.

"2..." Concentrate.

"3!" The door banged open right as she stepped into the light.

Word Count: 380

Hey guys so I feel like the action move really fast but oh well. I'm super excited to write this and if you haven't read my other story "The Moonlark (Robin Hood)" pleaseeeee go read that. Ok well I love you. Follow your dreams!❤️

XoXo,

S